Creedmoor Sports T-7 Adaptive Press

Mountainman

Hammer Time Executive member
Has anybody tried this thing? I just found it tonight while looking for dies. It's an awful lot of money but I'm finding the concept very interesting. Any feedback or opinions will be greatly appreciated.

Drinking scotch tonight so I'll look at it again in the morning to see if I'm still impressed :)

Regards

Has anybody tried this thing? I just found it tonight while looking for dies. It's an awful lot of money but I'm finding the concept very interesting. Any feedback or opinions will be greatly appreciated.

Drinking scotch tonight so I'll look at it again in the morning to see if I'm still impressed :)

Regards
Gday mountainman
Having a rum here 🍻

Come on man I’m a muppet so how about a link 😇

Cheers

Here you go Farleg. Gotta have it I'm afraid. You can get inserts for 7/8 as well as 1 1/4

Regards

If(when) I start reloading for more calibers, I’ll probably pick this up. Keep it loaded with dies and swap the heads out instead of setting up dies every time I switch calibers.

I’ve been looking at the Creedmoor Sports stuff a lot. They have some pretty innovative products that look high quality. My volume just isn’t enough yet to justify expense… YET!😬
I order some 22 CM brass and set of die’s Thursday and it showed up today Saturday morning very quick. And my shipping address and billing address is different so they sent me a email asked I called them and confirm which I did and a very nice lady handle the call for them that was a pleasure to talk to.

Regards
Mountain, did you pull the trigger on the T7 Adaptive?

@Dale Branham:
We try to get new members headed in right direction so Welcome from Wolverine state!

Just a reminder to review these threads:

Thread 'Attention All Members: Privacy Review Request'
https://hammerbullets.com/hammertime/threads/attention-all-members-privacy-review-request.456/

Thread 'Forum Rules'
https://hammerbullets.com/hammertime/threads/forum-rules.649/

Hammer Load Data:
Thread 'Hammer Hunter Load Data'
https://hammerbullets.com/hammertime/threads/hammer-hunter-load-data.7/

Thread 'Absolute Hammer Load Data'
https://hammerbullets.com/hammertime/threads/absolute-hammer-load-data.8/

Thread 'Hammer HHT Load Data'
https://hammerbullets.com/hammertime/threads/hammer-hht-load-data.562/

I’ve been looking at the Creedmoor Sports stuff a lot. They have some pretty innovative products that look high quality. My volume just isn’t enough yet to justify expense… YET!😬
Yeah, tell your wife you reload to save money 😅
Then shoot more to justify the setup expense🤔
Now you can tell everyone you got into reloading to save 🤑

I like the concept of I had a Redding T7. I like the fact they make 1-1/4" threaded wedges.

Now I use 7/8" dies but most of us probably load for 6+ cartidges needing 2-3 wedges each for set.

Thats buying at least a dozen spare wedges but you get the first 3 included like Hornady lock n load. then my dies don't go back in the box so they might come out with a stand.

you are losing 3 holes changing from the standard Redding head.

With the exchange rate etc you will need to load more ammo with non existent primers to get value from this.

man you are about to trip over into that proverbial Rabbit hole where as you descend you will find so many more mew and improved ideas in the reloading space that you cannot live without because you will do it so much quicker and produce more consistent reliable ammunition that is only possible with this new equipment. Then your mate shows you something else and Bam, another parcel arrives at the door and all the while you are still telling your other half that you reload for economy and the best way to achieve that is economy of scale so you must buy more components and powder and you know that the primers are being held to ransom 2 counties over but still you pay the price. You take your significant other for a day trip, a nice lunch and Honey, I just have to go into that gunshop while we are here. Yeah, old mate is onto you. You are a primer hoarder. He's got something going. You want a thousand primers.bi don't have much available do you need any powder with that. May as well get some it saves paying Hazmat and It works a dollar a pound more but I'm a small Mum and Pop store . You ask for the powder and to his surprise he can easily sell you a thousand primers, maybe you need both large and small.

Now with all that other gear you bought from the internet that you can measure internal, external, coal not and grade cases into batches that ole .30-06 paw paw gifted you at 16 suddenly does not cut the mustard. It's printing an inch maybe better because Hammer developed a bullet that's easy to load but you know it's not the bullet but gun. Yeah, you know the Nut behind the Butt shoots a bragging rights group occasionally. Seldomly but yeah you done it, you told us and now you need a new rifle.
just one custom rifle, no settle on a semi custom because you are watching the budget and maybe (probably) you could build something better when you need it but you are content, for now.

Step away from that rabbit hole. Don't stumble, don't look in. This piece of equipment is not going to make your loads any more accurate or allow more time with the family.

Tell someone to grab you firmly by the ankles and don't let go otherwise your shoe laces are about to disappear into abyss where you will find everything you know and everything that worked now does not. Well at least someone will tell you it does not because only what they do works. Works for them, must be the only way. .

looks like a good bit of gear but with exchange rate and extra wedges I'm firmly committed to saying I will pass for now.

What about a Forster Co-Ax ? No special wedge, turret or lock n load collets required. No shell holder and if you really get into it you can accessorise it 😉

Step away from that rabbit hole. Don't stumble, don't look in. This piece of equipment is not going to make your loads any more accurate or allow more time with the family.

What about a Forster Co-Ax ? No special wedge, turret or lock n load collets required. No shell holder and if you really get into it you can accessorise it 😉
But its so cool!!

I have a Foster Co-Ax and I love it although I pretty much use it only for seating bullets.

But its so cool!!

I have a Foster Co-Ax and I love it although I pretty much use it only for seating bullets.
I don't have the Forster Co-Ax but I did do a lot of online research into them.

I was keen on them but they are about $800 here. That's within reach but then the other press will sit there .

I have a couple of Tikkas that were rebarrelled and shoot tight groups at 100 with my handloads so with a bit of care I can get good results without spending some more thousands on more equipment. I'm sure some of the better equipment is better but my results are good enough for my purposes ATM.

I have a factory .300wm in a bedded laminated stock that has decent glass and I can only get about 1 moa from anything I've tested so far. That's ok but I would like to get more like 3/4moa groups with a hunting load. It should be possible.

Breathing life back into this thread to see if anyone has experience with the adaptive head for the T-7.
Like an idiot, I have been drooling over them, even though I know CBH is correct. Is it a crime to like cool things? 😂 In jrebel’s 2-is-1 line of thinking, I need another press to back up the MEC Marksman—or relegate it to backup status.
At any rate, the only real review I found is from Gavin Gear.
At 5:07 in this video
he says this die is secure. But there is clearly an audible rattle.
I am wondering/concerned this might be the wedge floating in the turret head.
Thoughts? Experience?

Last edited:
Back