Garmin XERO C1 Pro Chronograph

KurtisB

Hammer Time Executive member
Well speed freaks, depending on independent reviews, this might be the radar chrony you need. Garmin claims 100-5000 ft/s readings in a really small package and $599 (at Midsouth). I'm interested, but will be awaiting further reviews before grabbing this over the FX.

So who is jumping in line on this one?
Certainly the possibility of measuring Zoomies up to 5K fps is tempting.
About the same price as the Labradar.

I think one may make its way to my Christmas list. Although it doesn't appear that it can measure velocities at different distances, like the Lab Radar does, which would be nice for calculating real bc. In fact, it doesn't mention in the manual just what distance it does calculate velocity for; I'm assuming it's at the muzzle. Sure does seem simple and easy to use, and not dependent on the amount of daylight.

I think one may make its way to my Christmas list. Although it doesn't appear that it can measure velocities at different distances, like the Lab Radar does, which would be nice for calculating real bc. In fact, it doesn't mention in the manual just what distance it does calculate velocity for; I'm assuming it's at the muzzle. Sure does seem simple and easy to use, and not dependent on the amount of daylight.
Sort of torn, but with buddies who have lab radar already I can see the Garmin doing 95% of what I need and then team up with them for True BC readings.

Im still wrapping my head around how small it is....

Id say this is a game changer if it works as good as it looks. True BC can still be had shooting thru an old optical chrono in front of a 100yd target?

Im actually surprised its taken so long given todays technology. Overpriced too, but Id still pay for the Garmin if it turns out a solid product. and it should...
Side note: Im also kinda surprised a company like Garmin entered the shooting sports market. Im not aware of any ties to firearms with them.

Man! Those things are little!
Can't tell from the photo. Do they mount near the muzzle?
Their documentation says to place between 5” and 15” in the XY axis Most of the competitors I’m seeing rifle mount are on the fore end using an arca/Swiss rail. I’m just going to be using a tripod myself since none of my rifles are set up with a rail.

Im actually surprised its taken so long given todays technology. Overpriced too, but Id still pay for the Garmin if it turns out a solid product. and it should...
Side note: Im also kinda surprised a company like Garmin entered the shooting sports market. Im not aware of any ties to firearms with them.
Garmin started getting into hunting equipment with bow and crossbow range finding sights couple years ago. BTW $$$$$. This seems to be natural extension based on their marine radar technology, GPS, off road navigation systems, communications for sportsmen etc.

Back