Garmin XERO C1 Pro Chronograph

This was CCI Standard Velocity (40g), advertised at 1040 fps. 3200 feet +/-, 28* F.
Score of 13/15 Chickens (40 m), 14/15 Pig (50 m), 9/15 Turkeys at (75 m), and 5/15 Rams (100 m). Good enough for 2nd Place AA score.

I recieved my Xero C1 last week and took it out yesterday for the first time. I shot some factory defense loads through a Colt King Cobra 3” in 357mag. Note: If you are going to shoot standing up bring a full size tripod with you. I ended up setting the Xero on my tailgate and squatting to be within the 5-15” range for recording shots.

First observations are it is small and light. I had no problems seeing the recordings in the sun light. I ran six sessions and had zero glitches. So far the Xero C1 has workeds flawlessly.

Attachments

• IMG_0864.jpg
    IMG_0864.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_0863.PNG
    IMG_0863.PNG
    255 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_0861.jpg
    IMG_0861.jpg
    115.5 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_0862.jpg
    IMG_0862.jpg
    108 KB · Views: 14
I can see how a rifle mounted unit like this could be handy shooting out the warm truck cab in the winter months! Compared to my FX table/bench mounted chrono. I'm still light years ahead of my old ProChrono.

I just received my new Xero and looking forward to using it soon. I have a question on the best way to use it in a ladder test. Has anyone done one with it yet? If so, was it easy to get the data off the app for a flat spot graphs? If so did you do the entire ladder in a single "session" or did you break up each ladder rung into different sessions (which seems like a pain)?

Sold my LabRadar and purchased the Garmin Xero 1 today. It should be here next week and I will take it for a test drive. Heard nothing but good so I imagine it will be a step up.

I did see that LabRadar is coming out with a new doppler chrono that will try and compete. It is smaller and the price is the same as the Garmin. Curious to see what the reviews are when it hits the ground (shipping in March 2024).

Ohhhhh....and it was shipped to my door for $585!!!! I just learned that Cabelas offers a Military and First Responder discount....never new that before.

I just received mine recently and am hoping to use it in the next couple days. I've got an almost new C.E. Pro Chrono DLX that I'll make someone a heck of a deal on. I was actually surprised at how well it works compared to my old Chrony.

I threw my hat into the Garmin ring 2 days ago. Ordered it on Monday, received it Thursday. Went to HF, and got a Apache 1800 waterproof case to store and carry it in. Charged it, synced it to my phone, and I'm ready to shoot thru it on Monday. It is definitely Itty bitty, but has great features, and all reviews are great. I'll pass along info as I get it. I've got some Hammers to fire over it!
Note, just added the pic, and the readout from my 264wm, with 110HH. Absolutely love this thing.

Attachments

• 1709584627326125011070671530531.jpg
    1709584627326125011070671530531.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 7
Last edited:
Back