Garmin XERO C1 Pro Chronograph

Garmin started getting into hunting equipment with bow and crossbow range finding sights couple years ago. BTW $$$$$. This seems to be natural extension based on their marine radar technology, GPS, off road navigation systems, communications for sportsmen etc.
Interesting, I shouldnt be surprised then.... I use their inreach for comms and SOS out of cell range and i think they have marketed that to hunters. I also used their Rhino radios for many years before GPS apps became a thing on phones for like 20 bucks, Those Rhino GPS radios are still popular with hunters. I guess I should have seen the connection with the hunting community. Good on them, we need a solid chrono device.

So here is my added wish other than BC calculator. How about remote sensors at yardage to confirm velocity and BC. WI-Fi connected like what Long Shot target video does? Holy cow shot drops! Auto calculation of drops and print out on nice Avery label card stock!

I worry enough with devices at the muzzle end. I'm not sure I wouldn't be to distressed about a bad wind call to shoot!

I can't believe the price of some of these chronographs. H'mmmmm, I wonder when we will be getting laser guided. hunting bullets. Get to work Steve and Brian! A few years ago, I watched my hunting partner spend 8 minutes setting up for his shot, and the deer leisurely walked over the hill. One hour later, it was my turn. I whipped up my Nikon Range Finder and ranged a rock right next to the deer. It was 284 yards. A quick check of the wind, and a stable rest on the backpack and the deer was down in less that 30 seconds. I knew where to put the cross-hair because of practice, and I know my Ackley Improved 30/06. I wonder if spending the cost of the Garmin on Ammo and Practice might be more beneficial.

Last time out, I hit the Gong six out eight times at 600 yards with this:

Danish Rolling Block 1.jpg
Maybe it is because it has the sniper sight on it . Or maybe it is that I have put about 4,000 rounds of practice through it! :cool:

When did you place your order? I placed mine a month ago but haven’t heard a word from them.
I ordered from CS Tactical in Sacramento. Their “Pre-Order” says that they usually ship in 2-4 weeks.

Yesterday I tried to cancel my order for the Xero C1 with Garmin. They immediately responded that they could not accept cancellation because my order was to far along in the process, but that I could return it within thirty days for a refund, 😒ok. A couple of hours later I received notice that my order is being shipped. This morning I received notice that it will arrive tomorrow🙃. It kinda makes you wonder😉

Yesterday I tried to cancel my order for the Xero C1 with Garmin. They immediately responded that they could not accept cancellation because my order was to far along in the process, but that I could return it within thirty days for a refund, 😒ok. A couple of hours later I received notice that my order is being shipped. This morning I received notice that it will arrive tomorrow🙃. It kinda makes you wonder😉
Yes it does, I had been watching and it seemed that vendors were getting lots about every two weeks since the release.

Run by Democrats.

What happened to the good old days when we just believed the reloading manuals and just went out shooting! Oh, now I remember they were not all that good. I think all of us are taking longer shots with confidence than we were 25 or 30 years ago.

Back