Gel

.And I’m guessing the velocity impacts were close enough to not make a big difference in results. Both shot locations were extremely similar as well.
Do you think lower velocity vs high velocity changes stretch? Kind of the (empty) can with a BB gun vs .22 analogy.

Never thought much about onside stretch, and only a little regarding offside stretch being the reason more exits aren't seen. Now that I do it would seem "reasonable" to see more exits with the meplat shed, than the classic 3X mushroom, which working backwards should we see more stretch onside with bigger calibers at the same velocity.

Now I'm back to simple stuff like how many angels can dance on the head of a pin. Well my old brain can use the stimulation.

Gday GL
Great idea
That will definitely help & give clarity im sure

Pop is one that I think @Gerald Dilgard knows about on his autopsy results
Another is disco on that aorta he saw

When you look @ the veins even capillaries you see they are more open or ruptured in some cases on a greater % & further away from permanent wound channel) compared to c&c & other monos with the exception of the raptors & way less of extent apex but the hammers give us the best free flowing blood in critters kinda like a broadhead cut in someways

Others will crop up no doubt be great to get that altogether in one place
Cheers
Thankfully I have never seen a human shot with a Hammer and hope I never do. Mostly I see handgun wounds and most a self inflected. Rarely we see a hunting accident and those are god awful. Sadly 95% of hunters wear Blaze Orange. The 5% that don't have 95% of the accidents. The difference between a rifle and a handgun wound are night and day different. Rifle wounds have more damage from ruptured veins and arteries. I believe this to be because the bullet is just going so much faster from the rifle. Speed does kill. Handgun deaths tend to be direct organ damage.

Do you think lower velocity vs high velocity changes stretch? Kind of the (empty) can with a BB gun vs .22 analogy.

Never thought much about onside stretch, and only a little regarding offside stretch being the reason more exits aren't seen. Now that I do it would seem "reasonable" to see more exits with the meplat shed, than the classic 3X mushroom, which working backwards should we see more stretch onside with bigger calibers at the same velocity.

Now I'm back to simple stuff like how many angels can dance on the head of a pin. Well my old brain can use the stimulation.
Sorry it a while to get back to you Carl. I like your analogy and I do think there would be a stretch difference between higher and lower velocity of the same pill. Another example is a dull knife will cut if it’s moving fast enough.

I also think there could be a difference in stretch between a large caliber and smaller caliber. Although I believe there would be more or less difference depending on the nose profile. Whether or not the nose comes to a point or it’s a flat nose.

To go a step further, I think there would be a slight difference in stretch between the nose of a pill that has more or less wall thickness at the nose. Example, the difference between a lever hammer design vs a shock hammer design. The lever hammer has more wall thickness at the nose. I can tell you from chamfering pills, you can create a nose lip that is sharp enough to cut your finger.

Hope all is well you
Kneedeep

Yep, and if you chamfer the inside of the nose on a 30 cal LH you can make it open almost at impact vs going inches before opening! Also increases organ disruption immensely. Didn't get mush, but really shredded organs better (this all at higher impact velocities).

Back