Happy Australia Day

I will look for a Fosters at Bev center! Prob only one here. Anyway Cheers !!!
View attachment 5369

You know Foster's is not popular in Australia.

I know when I was younger it was promoted as our international beer or best export or something.

Carlton United Brewing CUB make Foster's. Their Carlton draught is good, Victoria Bitter is popular but I will pass on that one and the Crown Lager is their Premium beer.

Just a bit of useless information for you.

Sometimes we get Coopers up here, keep an eye out for it Muddy!

Tippin one for all the Aussies!
Don't think the young fella from the Apple Isle drinks beer. I do, too much😉

I actually like Cooper's made in Adelaide, South Australia.

The green label Pale Ale is great and the red label Sparkling Ale is great but a little stronger so it's a sip and savour beer.

Get yourself some stubbie bottles and keep them in a cool dark place for at least 3 months. It does bottle condition quite nicely.

If I visit Canadia I will look for the Cooper's Best Stout, that's nice in the winter but I'm sure they all make me fat being they have the sediment from bottle fermentation.

We get the Canadian Club down Under. That's a great mixer for someone who doesn't drink bourbon, rye, corn , Jacks or Jim . No Buffalo trace for me or any of the American Whisky.

We love our Bundy but I think you love it or hate it. A bit like Vegemite.

Last edited:
Well that explains why I was only ever served Coopers in Adelaide! 🤔
SA brewing was once big in South Australia. I think they are owned by a multi national now.
Being just over the border in the rip off state we always looked to Adelaide as our preferred capital city destination. We even use their time zone.
Back to Beer, SA beers were prominent in Broken Hill till the 2000's. Now everything is available.

COopers is still family owned and operated after ~150 years and expanding.

it seems Asahi is buying up the rest including some decent brewers in Farleg Ville.

Back