Help me pick a bullet

7mm08mo

Looking for a new bullet for my Weatherby 7mag 1-9.5 twist. Looking for suggestions. I’ve always favored heavy bullets but the 132 HHT is in consideration. Looking for advice.

I’m yet to receive my 132HHTs but If I were you that’s where I would be starting with the limitation of a 9.5twist (and probably what I would lean towards anyway..)

Most people have favoured heavy bullets in traditional styles but these are a bit different

What are your expected ranges and target species?

I’m sure someone better qualified will soon chime in..

With the speeds you'll be moving a 132HHT I don't think an extra 1/2 twist over 9 will matter much.

Agreed, I was getting 3040 FPS from a 7-08. Lord only knows what the Weatherby will get.

Looking for a new bullet for my Weatherby 7mag 1-9.5 twist. Looking for suggestions. I’ve always favored heavy bullets but the 132 HHT is in consideration. Looking for advice.
These guys love their speed!!! And I will admit they are wearing me down on the speed vs weight argument. But in my opinion if Elk and 500yards are really a possibility I would go heavier. At 500 yards a 153gr HHT is going to be outrunning the 132 and making a bunch more energy.

I just helped a friend with a 7RM 9.5 twist pick a Hammer, he went with the 132HHT....
You wont get much heavier in a mono bullet with a 9.5 twist barrel but the velocity will make up for it
My friend will be hunting elk out to 500yds with it too. It wont be a problem.

Back