N570

joe16

Hammer Time Executive member
Not sure if anybody's interested but Powder Valley has n570.

My 8 pounder should be here next Monday!!!!

Shooting for the Stars what else🚀

I like the fact that I couldn't touch the velocity that it would produce with the 199 and my 300 rum. So wanting that horse in my stable is probably the main reason, but reloader 26 is hard to come by and if it's as accurate as it's reported to be and will push the 163 or 168 at 37+ in my gun. The way I look at it, why not??

Hopefully it doesn't turn into a dust collector like some of the other jugs that I have from my cup and core days.🙏

I bought two pounds of the N170 to use with the 155 in the 7 RM. it’s comparable to H1000. The 155’s were my first purchase way before I new about going lighter. Better to do something than just look at them. Almost have it nailed down. Now the neighbor is asking if I know where the shooting is coming from.

I've also had good results with the heavy bullets (220 plus) in the 300 Rum with US-869. It has a burn rate akin to damp sawdust. Might work well in that long pipe you have. :)

Never played with 869 nor the 220s. 1- 11 twist dictated. But I do like WC 860 with the 212s. WC 870 was way too slow I do have WC 857 but haven't had time to figure out where it fits in it was lights out in the 25-06 with 120s 100 ft faster than anything else.

Never know till you pull the trigger.

Yeah right, I needed another 8 pounder🥴

It does produce good velocity, but I’ve only shot it out of my 6.5 Sherman. Drove a 140 Berger at 3339 FPS out of a 28” Hart. Can be tricky to meter as it’s about like pencil lead in kernel size. Might try it in my 338 RUM when and if they release a HHT in 338.

It's good stuff in big cased magnums. Pretty energy dense and has been very temp stable for me.
I call it rabbit feed since it's pretty big kernels.
If you are looking to hot rod heavy bullets it'll do it.
Pay attention to barrel heat. It's the warmest powder I've played with and especially on hot days will heat a barrel up fast.

Kris

Back