New kid on the block FX Outdoors True Ballistic Chronograph

Is there any accuracy at those speeds???
And barrel life???
Just asking for a friend.
Yep! Sure is! I've got several rifles that do 4k+. My minimum acceptable accuracy is 0.5" @ 100.
3 of those rifles have between 450 and 650 rds down the tube. Fire cracking is visible in the throat on 2. Still shooting just fine! (Why did I say that??? Probably just jinxed myself😖)

Yep! Sure is! I've got several rifles that do 4k+. My minimum acceptable accuracy is 0.5" @ 100.
3 of those rifles have between 450 and 650 rds down the tube. Fire cracking is visible in the throat on 2. Still shooting just fine! (Why did I say that??? Probably just jinxed myself😖)

You could always try the Tubb TMS abrasive bullets to smooth some of that fire cracking.

I've done Tubbs bullets on a Very Rough (from factory) 25-06 barrel I had years ago. It worked ok.
Now, when accuracy deterioriates, I screw on another barrel. I have a spare on the bench already for my most favorite rifle. I'm a good boy scout?😁

I thought about a magentospeed, but I'd want it mounted somewhere other than the barrel. Which they make. iirc. However, being able to see a measured BC at a given altitude really gets my nerd side going. It just seems this FX radar chrony is a lot more user friendly than the Labradar. Side note, waiting for a "range cold" for setup/tear down gets old fast. One day it won't be an issue, when I get a couple dozen acres.

Check this out looks like an inexpensive alternative ( oops thought I had pasted this link )

Last edited:
5280 feet with my 28 Nosler. 4200 feet with my 30-06 (didn't make it either one in a second though) :)

I broke down and bought one of these new chronographs today. I'll give y'all a report next week.
Sir, do you have a report? ;)

Back