New kid on the block FX Outdoors True Ballistic Chronograph

I'd be highly surprised if 4000 is the limit. As the listing says, it's "4000+ fps". My guess is they decided not to test out a .204 Ruger with a high speed factory load. It does seem a bit silly that they wouldn't. Quick, one of you guys hit them up for YT review on the Hammer channel! Maybe they'll send you one!

Think I'll stay with my Magnetospeed
I just can't stand that thing hanging off the end of my barrel. Has to affect poi or groups does it not? I only have a couple rifles that shoot over 4K and my old chronos work fine for them. I really like the idea of setting that thing on the bench and just shooting. I just can't decide.

I only use mine for running up for pressure/velocities. Although I rarely see significant differences in poi or grouping characteristics.
Only caveat is All my rifles have fairly heavy contour barrels. Minimum dia at muzzle is about .750 - up to .900.

I just can't stand that thing hanging off the end of my barrel. Has to affect poi or groups does it not?
Chronographs are not for shooting tight groups, they’re for checking velocity.😜
Even so I think it’s just a poi shift, aim point stays the same. Harmonics change when u put it on but after that each shot should see the same effect.
Not like you are adjusting scope to find your mv then readjusting to go into the woods. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Chronographs are not for shooting tight groups, they’re for checking velocity.😜
Even so I think it’s just a poi shift, aim point stays the same. Harmonics change when u put it on but after that each shot should see the same effect.
Not like you are adjusting scope to find your mv then readjusting to go into the woods. 🤷🏼‍♂️
Why not do both especially with the price of components these days. I don't care about poi just group size. If it group size stays the same I might be convinced

Back