New kid on the block FX Outdoors True Ballistic Chronograph

The lab radar is useless above 4K regardless, we have them stacked up like cord wood

Really? Didn't know that. I always thought it could do up to 9999fps. Looked it up and I superimposed the number of shot series (9999) with the FPS, one line below it.

Fellas

I've been following this thread and I looked up my particular chronograph ( on sale 3 yrs ago) it is no longer available. They sell a $130 model that does what mine does. Specs say it'll read 9999 FPS.

Joe

Is there any accuracy at those speeds???
And barrel life???
Just asking for a friend.
We're just goofing around. 5,280 feet is 1 mile. I don't have any rifles that shoot 5000 fps but I got a couple will shoot 5,280 feet. 28 Nosler with 190 grain A-tips at 3160 fps. Had a Revic scope on it. Just dialed 1760 in the HUD and hit it three times in a row with a spotter and two witnesses. Then I put it up acting like I did it every day. 10" group but I was pretty proud. 4200 feet is 1400 yards and I smacked that one as well with my custom 30-06. Probably my best range day ever. :)

Barrel life I'm not sure my 300 rum is still kicking pretty good at 600ish and the 22 Creedmoor only has probably 500 shots on it. It only eats 88 grain eldms other than the 5K Chase.

Well Joe, My 22 Creedmoor should be fire ready in another few weeks so I may have to hit you up on what medicine to load. My Swift also cracks 4K if I want it to but it's best accuracy load is just under that. I'm pretty sure I won't be chasing 5K...but maybe.

Back