New member greetings

JakeC

Not sure why it never occurred to me to join yet, by my name is Jake, I'm a native New Englander living in Utah. Have been a big fan of the hammers since getting talked into trying them on LRH forum. Already recognizing some folks. I'm glad I tried something different and new, I really enjoy the products and I've been enjoying the community. Lots of observation-based data and stories with good endings. Personally I shot my first deer a couple years ago. Grew up hunting, took 20 years off. I'd always been very afraid of maiming and inhumane kills, I'd seen both growing up and I was unwilling to take chances and as a result I had passed on deer after deer. I felt that bullet choice was one factor. There were just huge gaps in design vs anatomy, piled on top of a lot of irresponsible cartridge choices and of course some bad shots. After my results, after seeing hooves in the scope already during recoil, I felt sure I could write these concerns off finally.

So far I'm using the 140AH in a 7 saum, 90AH in a 25-06, and 110HH in a 6.5 creed. Not sure about accuracy of the 25 yet, seems to be ok but I've been having real problems seating. new seater arrived today so probably have a second attempt this weekend. The 6.5 is slow coming out over h4350 but it was supposed to be mild. My crimper just showed up so that should help.

Anyway, I'm not leaving any forums but I'm looking forward to being able to talk about actual results without hearing pointless negativity and sniping. I've never used a good product before that people are vindictive and antagonistic about. But I've never owned a full-size pickup either, that's probably how those guys feel, lol.

Welcome from NW Arkansas! Happy to have you here. It’s an awesome place. Look around, read, and ask questions! Lots of knowledgeable guys here that are happy to help.

Welcome Jake!
Sounds like you're on your way😄!
There's tons of loading data under Reloading for your perusal.
Ask away. No dumb questions!
Glad you came. Good bunch of knowledgeable folks here.
Thanks Mr Taylor. I have some more testing data to send you of you're going that still. I need one more trip to the range to finalize it though, I didn't really run into the wall. I appreciate your work and others, it makes a huge difference to people learning to try good things without training wheels.

Welcome from NW Arkansas! Happy to have you here. It’s an awesome place. Look around, read, and ask questions! Lots of knowledgeable guys here that are happy to help.
Where are you in NW AR? I spent a night in Russelville when I was moving across the country, that's the one area I went through I'd go back to just to visit. Very nice environment, even better people. I really needed to catch a break and I got one there. Wish I could have seen more of the outdoors, but that wasn't the project. Thanks.
In spite of your obvious animosity toward full-size pickups……Welcome from North Central Wyoming! memtb
Only RAM! Rams are JUNK except as mooring anchors! lol, JK, I like just about all of them, I really like several brands and work on all of them. I know which one I'd buy if I needed to. I just never understood the irrational aggression about taste. Thanks! I've been wanting to go farther up into Wyoming sicne I moved to UT but haven't had a reason yet. I did go from Rawlins to Casper to catch 20 across Nebraska when I bought my dog. I'm man enough to know i don't have the onions to live in WY but boy it's raw and pretty.

Don't forget the quadrupling of price.
Oh gross, I kinda did. yeah. I work in the aftermarket industry and the effort to try to normalize 4 figure payments on daily drivers is disgusting.

Welcome from West Texas
It's a little late already but I had been wanting to take my girl out your way for a road trip vacation this year. Not sure why, mainly a break from the terrible food here. Anything we should try to go see?

Where are you in NW AR?
Around Rogers/Fayettevile. Northern Arkansas is pretty! Very hilly and heavily wooded.

Only RAM! Rams are JUNK except as mooring anchors! lol, JK, I like just about all of them, I really like several brands and work on all of them. I know which one I'd buy if I needed to.
Naturally he’d choose Toyota! 😂

Sounds like you are a Hammerhead but here is some reading material just in case.

Welcome from Wolverine state even though I have a Ram 2500😂. The only thing I am compensating for is being Sasquatch size. 🤔 Tonka toy trucks are like roller skates to my size 15's.. and we are off and running! 😂

Thread 'New Member Read Recommendations'
https://hammerbullets.com/hammertime/threads/new-member-read-recommendations.1622/

Last edited:
Love my Toyota 4 Runner……but our 20 K pound 5th wheel gets hooked-up to the Ram Diesel.

As I’ve attempted to explain to these folks here, “there’s no substitution for cubic inches”…… which also applies in the shooting/hunting world! 😉

See that…..I brought us back around to shooting! 😜 memtb

Around Rogers/Fayettevile. Northern Arkansas is pretty! Very hilly and heavily wooded.

Naturally he’d choose Toyota! 😂
Lol, no. we got the new Tacoma yesterday at work and it was OK, better than the last one, but if someone gave me a new Tundra I would thank them sincerely, then drive straight to the RAM dealership with the title pinned to my shirt. 2016 would have been a different story, but still not Toyota. They make a great truck that i don't like at all haha. But they're good customers! You're actually not that far off superficially, I'm a Nissan hound. but they feel and function very different from Toyota.

AR reminded me a lot of Maine and NH, just warmer climate and people. South of the hills was pretty too, very different. Is the deer hunting any good? I saw my one and only mountain lion dead on the highway in the Ozarks so they must have something to eat.

Back