New member greetings

A hale and hearty welcome from Alberta. I am also sorry for derailing your welcome thread a little bit. I have no issue with any brand of truck any person runs here as I have had a chance to drive just about everything available. All have pros and cons. I like that Dodge has the Cummins for a power plant. I just wish it said ISX somewhere on that motor. Another thing about dodge is that if there isn't puddle of oil underneath where the rear main "seal" is you are out of oil.

Is the deer hunting any good?
Can be! It really depends on where you’re at. Our deer are typically smaller bodied, but big bucks are there if you can find them. If you’re wanting meat for the freezer, shouldn’t be too much of an issue to fill all 4-6 tags, depending on the zone you’re in.

Can be! It really depends on where you’re at. Our deer are typically smaller bodied, but big bucks are there if you can find them. If you’re wanting meat for the freezer, shouldn’t be too much of an issue to fill all 4-6 tags, depending on the zone you’re in.
Interesting, so different from where I grew up. Strict one per year, low success rate, but an adult doe might dress 180. I personally saw a spike that hung at 205! My cousins boy shot one over 250. But you might go 5 years with nothing if your area was having a crummy time. And now in Utah, mulies are something else entirely, and it’s 2-3 years for a tag if you’re not picky.
I love derailing threads, probably to the dismay of many. Sorry guys. Glad we can all have fun together.
Yeah, what’s there to derail, it’s a welcome thread.

When we got our first Ram Diesel my wife was complaining to a friend about getting a Dodge…..she likes Fords. The woman said, “Why’d you buy it then”? Wifey said, “We bought a Cummins……it came with a Dodge”! 😉 memtb
As a Nissan owner I thought it was special and appropriate that Cummins broke from tradition and designed their first bad power plant in company history to put in the Titan. Meanest tease ever. But yeah I work on a fair number of cummins 2500s and I done even ever want a diesel but they’re impossibly nice, the new ones anyway.

Yeah “well sweetie we got the best engine ever made, I just need to schedule a new front end every year. Or so.” Dodges are easy to pick on but you can get away with your life when do it. You tell a Taco owner his truck is a slower Camry with weak axles and bad clearance, well you better have a recent will and some good running shoes.

It's a little late already but I had been wanting to take my girl out your way for a road trip vacation this year. Not sure why, mainly a break from the terrible food here. Anything we should try to go see?
Big Bend is a great place to see................to be avoided in the summer though. :)

Thanks Mr Taylor. I have some more testing data to send you of you're going that still. I need one more trip to the range to finalize it though, I didn't really run into the wall. I appreciate your work and others, it makes a huge difference to people learning to try good things without training wheels.
@JakeC ,
Yes I'm still collecting data on all the Hammers. I refresh the posted pages every month now (down from weekly originally).
Last time I checked, we're over 400 pages of data.
Post your info on the Share Your Hammer Loads thread under Reloading. I check it regularly. When you see a "like" from me, you'll know I got your data.

You'll need cartridge, bullet, bbl length & twist, brass, crimp amount (if any), loaded OAL and/or jump, primer, powder range and any notes (sd/es, groups, pressure signs, etc.)

😀Thanks for your help

Yeah March had been the target but we had stuff come up. Been to East tx a few times. High 80s in early March, and it was -30 when I got to my home airport. Wild stuff.
What’cha doing in East Texas? That’s my stomping grounds!

Post your info on the Share Your Hammer Loads thread under Reloading. I check it regularly. When you see a "like" from me, you'll know I got your data.

😀Thanks for your help
Thanks! I'm up to 3 rifles now so I'm learning a lot about a lot while I make notes, it's a lot of fun and I look forward to sharing. Is there a format that's most helpful for you? I make a lot of google spreadsheets just as an easy way to organize my thoughts. I'll take a look and monkey-see monkey do.
What’cha doing in East Texas? That’s my stomping grounds!
I visited a college 20 years ago :)sick:22?) and had a very close friend in Houston before we drifted apart like dudes in their 20s do.
Welcome from Saskatchewan! Here’s my truck
Nice! looks like the one my dad had. That thing was a specimen, i wish it hadn't rusted out. One time we were sitting at a stop sign in the tiny village waiting for an older schoolmate of my sister's to cross the street and our cocker spaniel jumped out of my lap and landed on my dad's foot. His right foot. The kid outside is about to step into the path of the truck and suddenly my dad does a loud 1-second power brake. SCREEEK! Poor guy, he levitated right back where he started. About the only time I've seen my dad embarrassed. At least he kills the tension fast, he holds up this beautiful, stupid, inbred fawn cocker puppy and says "Sorry! Dog wanted to drive!" Just this past tuesday I got to a stoplight next to a flawless 70s f100 ranger 4x4. Nothing fancy, just the straightest body and best trim i've ever seen on that chassis, what a treat.

@JakeC
A simple list is fine for your data posting.
A table is fine too , as long as I can enlarge & read it.
Our load data is a Word table. It has gotten much larger than ever exected🤪

Back