New member greetings

Welcome JakeC from another Utahn.
We are a rare species on this forum but it sounds like you will be a great contributor.
For what it's worth I drive a RAM.

Did I miss where you were at in Utah? I was born in Vernal and have lived there twice.
No I hadn’t said. I’m in Davis county, about 20 min north of the capital. I’ve hunted out in Vernal, I like it a lot. Reminds me a ton of Maine, makes me homesick. We might try to move to the other side of the basin, being in the suburbs is making us ill, suburban people are toxic.

I didn’t make it out last weekend but I did a bunch of loading. The Hornady seater is definitely aligning light years better in the 25-06. I still think I’m not liking the Nosler brass, it just doesn’t feel good and it does funny things. Hard to quantify. I may try to get some Peterson or something else in 270 to neck down, and I’ll probably do a work up in Rl16 too. But I’m excited about the combo like you said, it really should make a perfect pair.

Welcome JakeC from another Utahn.
We are a rare species on this forum but it sounds like you will be a great contributor.
For what it's worth I drive a RAM.
Lol we just had this discussion at work yesterday, we make aftermarket parts and the boss started trying to get us to rank all the pickups in each class. They’re very nice trucks. Yeah it seems like there aren’t many here. I like to give the know it all bros a hard time but I guess it’s hard to get the Utah folks excited about bullet performance when they’re looking at one deer every 2-5 years.

No I hadn’t said. I’m in Davis county, about 20 min north of the capital. I’ve hunted out in Vernal, I like it a lot. Reminds me a ton of Maine, makes me homesick. We might try to move to the other side of the basin, being in the suburbs is making us ill, suburban people are toxic.

I didn’t make it out last weekend but I did a bunch of loading. The Hornady seater is definitely aligning light years better in the 25-06. I still think I’m not liking the Nosler brass, it just doesn’t feel good and it does funny things. Hard to quantify. I may try to get some Peterson or something else in 270 to neck down, and I’ll probably do a work up in Rl16 too. But I’m excited about the combo like you said, it really should make a perfect pair.
That whole Wasatch front is full of a different bread. Although the Uintah basin is full a unique kind of redneck for sure. When dad moved us to Montana when I was 10 they put me in speech class. Apparently my Uintah basin drawl was considered a defect in Montana.
I’ve used nosler brass a couple of times and I’m not a fan. I’ve also considered necking down Peterson but I haven’t yet. I’m currently using PPU (Privi Partizan). It seems to do ok. I wish ADG would do a run in something I could neck down to 25-06.

That whole Wasatch front is full of a different bread. Although the Uintah basin is full a unique kind of redneck for sure. When dad moved us to Montana when I was 10 they put me in speech class. Apparently my Uintah basin drawl was considered a defect in Montana.
I’ve used nosler brass a couple of times and I’m not a fan. I’ve also considered necking down Peterson but I haven’t yet. I’m currently using PPU (Privi Partizan). It seems to do ok. I wish ADG would do a run in something I could neck down to 25-06.
Yeah there’s a couple regional accents here that remind me a little of New England, up north especially. Full of a different bread is a fun way to put it. I’d hate for people to get the idea I think it’s a religious thing, it’s l a geographic thing. My boss and some friends are LDS but from Idaho and they happily agree these people are lunatics. A new thing they’re doing right now, hand over my heart, grown adults are putting “student driver please be patient” bumper stickers on their cars so they can do whatever they want. That’s not how this works folks.

What part of MT are you in now? My wife is going up to Hammer country this week for work, kalispell and whitefish. She’d move us there if she could, spent a year there and talks about it every day.

Greetings from Upstate NY, The Finger Lakes. This is a great forum and everyone helps each other. I can help you with the 6.5 CM questions.
Thanks! I’ve only passed through but I Spent two weeks in the Adirondacks and my brother in law is in Utica, beautiful state that nobody gives credit to. Pretty fitting to have a creedmoor fan in New York state I guess.

Thanks! I’ve only passed through but I Spent two weeks in the Adirondacks and my brother in law is in Utica, beautiful state that nobody gives credit to. Pretty fitting to have a creedmoor fan in New York state I guess.
I just learned to not try to make the 6.5CM into a 300 WM. I go lighter and faster. Those 85 HH are deadly on our Whitetails. Just a touch faster than the 243. It's where you hit them. Not what you hit them with.

I just learned to not try to make the 6.5CM into a 300 WM. I go lighter and faster. Those 85 HH are deadly on our Whitetails. Just a touch faster than the 243. It's where you hit them. Not what you hit them with.
I want to try that for a low recoil round to teach my wife on but I settled for the 110. I don’t have the resources to compete for the required powders right now. I believe it though, I think the light avenue for the 6.5s is under acknowledged.

I want to try that for a low recoil round to teach my wife on but I settled for the 110. I don’t have the resources to compete for the required powders right now. I believe it though, I think the light avenue for the 6.5s is under acknowledged.
Everyone shoots the 85 HH with Varget if that helps, 43.5 - 44 gr Regular cci 200 primers and Starline brass. PM me, I can point out some places to find supplies.

Yeah there’s a couple regional accents here that remind me a little of New England, up north especially. Full of a different bread is a fun way to put it. I’d hate for people to get the idea I think it’s a religious thing, it’s l a geographic thing. My boss and some friends are LDS but from Idaho and they happily agree these people are lunatics. A new thing they’re doing right now, hand over my heart, grown adults are putting “student driver please be patient” bumper stickers on their cars so they can do whatever they want. That’s not how this works folks.

What part of MT are you in now? My wife is going up to Hammer country this week for work, kalispell and whitefish. She’d move us there if she could, spent a year there and talks about it every day.
As a Jack Mormon I can say the closer you get to ground zero with the LDS community the worse it gets. A lot of them are really great people. My parents were two of the best people you would ever want to meet.

I’ve lived in Montana three different times now. I’m currently in Billings. I did a lot of growing up in Stillwater county. Graduated from Absarokee high school. Class of a whopping 31 students.

As a Jack Mormon I can say the closer you get to ground zero with the LDS community the worse it gets. A lot of them are really great people. My parents were two of the best people you would ever want to meet.

I’ve lived in Montana three different times now. I’m currently in Billings. I did a lot of growing up in Stillwater county. Graduated from Absarokee high school. Class of a whopping 31 students.

A while back I worked with a guy that grew-up and graduated from Absarokee HS. Just guessing……around 1990. memtb

31 students makes Maine look metropolitan. I had about 130, there were some schools way under 100 but they tended to be a small city with the abutting towns, not a giant area.

HNDLDR
As one of those ground zero folks, I hope you will try to keep an open mind about others cherished beliefs. There are always difficult people in every group, but I'm confident we could be good neighbors. Just sayin.

Back to Hammer talk.

Back