Official Hammer Bullets Terminal Performance (picture heavy)

Yessir.
It was a 12 year olds first attempt at a hog. I was fully confident we would recover it and do a European mount for the kid. But the dang thing made it to the river. I don’t know how y’all’s weather is this week, but for me, twernt worth swimmin for…..

But we didn’t give up, next attempt later last night was successful. Kid made a perfect 200 yard shot (bog pods)on a somewhat smaller swine, (223, federal 60grain soft point factory ammo). I was watching through the Rico micro and watched the 50yard death dash. Kid was ecstatic! View attachment 5149
Love those flashy boots!

Here’s the exits on two small whitetails i shot last week for crop damage. This is using the 90HHT out of a 6mm creedmoor, muzzle velocity is 3220fps which puts impact velocity at 2600fps at 280 yards.
Entrances were both in the flank meat at the back of the ribs and both were caliber size. Exits are identical at about a quarter sized on both. Liver and front of guts was gone.
The shots went a tad further back than I wanted but they performed flawlessly. The blood trails were amazing, usually I have a hard time tracking blood but I walked these trails with minimal effort. This test showed me two things.
1) HHTs definitely seem to expand more consistent and rapidly than hammer hunters on minimal resistance hits like the flank meat and thin ribs on these you’d deer.
2) when things go wrong and your shot goes to somewhere less than ideal it pays to have good bullets to bridge the gap. I didn’t hit anything more vital than the liver and both deer were dead within a minute each I’d say.
I know it’s a small sample size but I am happy with these results in comparison to the 88hh out of the same gun. Hard to go wrong with either.
IMG_2127.jpegIMG_2126.jpeg

Last day of season here. Mama wanted fresh back strap. 14 yr old wanted to “hammer” somethin……. I guess that means I wanted to skin a deer tonight.
Sorry for the lack of pictures. It seems we’re always in a hurry.
124HH. 4200 n change MV. 190 yards. Bang flop. IMG_7112.jpegEntrance IMG_7113.jpegexit.

Edit to add. Yep. He turned 14 a couple weeks ago. And he’s 6’ tall, 200 lbs, and loves shootin the rum.

My grandson took this hog with the 125 HH getting a kick in the pants from Lil-gun running 2625 in a 350 legend with 16” barrel. The hog weighed an estimated 250 lbs. shot was 125 yards to the neck. Hog went down instantly without a twitch. Sorry, no necropsy photos, but you can see the quarter-sized exit ( circled). Highly recommended for a low recoil thumper.
IMG_0700.jpegIMG_0704.jpeg

Last edited:

naja302

Well-Known Member​

1D70E8B4-141F-448B-95B0-A9BB5C0604DC.jpeg

I’m surprised nobody has any bullets to show...well I suppose I shouldn’t be. But I’ll show one: 181g from my 300 WM into a mid Asian ibex at 420 yards. I don’t have autopsy pics cause I let the guides do all the work but they brought me this.
New guy to hammer here. Out of curiosity. What was your bullet weight retention (if you weighed it) vs new?

Back