Peterson Brass

That is funny, because I look at it the opposite way. I full length size always so see no point in the extra work of setting dies for the long.
@Muddyboots scolded me for this! Evidently I did a great job of showing off my ignorance! My understanding of the long brass was it would make it easier to headspace your belted cartridge off the shoulder rather than the belt. I have never wanted to mess with a specific amount of shoulder bump. I full length size with a slight cam over on the shell holder. Each set of dies gets it's own shell holder. This keeps my OCD in line!

We can not ship the brass out of the US.
All good, was kinda said tongue in cheek.

I have some Petersen .260 brass on backorder from a large retailer here from probably October last year.

When they sent a message to say they were out of stock but they expected to see them by Christmas I asked if they meant this Christmas (meaning 2023. )

The response was something like " well, the thing is it's hard to get stuff with all that's going on at the moment and we will have them as soon as possible. We can refund you or we are happy to leave your order in for the next shipment. "

Still waiting on the bacorder as otherwise I might miss out it seems not a lot is available ATM.

All good, was kinda said tongue in cheek.

I have some Petersen .260 brass on backorder from a large retailer here from probably October last year.

When they sent a message to say they were out of stock but they expected to see them by Christmas I asked if they meant this Christmas (meaning 2023. )

The response was something like " well, the thing is it's hard to get stuff with all that's going on at the moment and we will have them as soon as possible. We can refund you or we are happy to leave your order in for the next shipment. "

Still waiting on the bacorder as otherwise I might miss out it seems not a lot is available ATM.
Ausie Gov has you guys in a mess!

Ausie Gov has you guys in a mess!
Yeah but I don't think they are the problem with this item.

I think our total population is less than 10% of the US population so we don't have a lot of manufacturing onshore and a lot of stuff went offshore in time.

They make propellants here to supply Hodgson but I don't know if they make primers in Australia because primers as components for the civilian market are all imports.

ADI offer several varieties of loaded ammo in a limited range of cartridges resold under Australian wholesalers .

I can name 2 small businesses doing CNC copper projectiles. And other than Woodleigh there are limited projectiles made here.

Simplex dies are still made under the same engineering firm that started Simplex but you need to look for it to find it so I think they might be the only people who make reloading dies .

For us, the Australian customs are an issue getting product delivered. Even when all the permits are in perfect order. Heck they denied us a permit to bring our weapons to hunt and also went so far as to deny us a permit to handle firearms in Australia. Simply because they don't like guns.
While I not delved into it my understanding is that to bring firearms in you need to be competing in a competition or coming as a guest of a registered outfitter.

That's only 2 ways that you can bring your firearms in as a civilian.

I think you can get an approval to use firearms while in country as an visitor with approval though I have not researched that proccess.

Everything above is a condensed version of what I have read from what I considered reliable sources. The long and short of it is there is no allowance for you to bring them in to go hunt with a mate or go self guided. Some of your states won't allow a "Non Resident Alien" to hunt self guided.

While more restrictions have been put in place since 1996 I still feel the laws allow me to buy, possess, store firearms for any legal purpose. Yes, there are some restrictions, banned firearms and a whole lot of other restrictions but it keeping honest people honest.

Suppressors are prohibited here. That seems unfair as they could be used to mitigate noise for work health and safety reasons and be beneficial in culling operations.

In Australia a suppressor is a "Prohibited Weapon" in New Zealand it's an unregulated accessory that can be purchased over the counter. Africa is the same but the US put a tax stamp on them.

Im not condoning the restrictions but in general I think many Americans don't understand them as we don't understand yours.

ADG is supposed to be rated for primer pockets to stay in spec to 10 firings at max charge. 🤷
In my most of my rum loads, remington brass was good for exactly 1 firing, sometimes less. Running the same speeds with adg, I’m up to 3 firings. So I’d call that a WIN. Now if Peterson is a bit stronger, then I really need to try it.

To my unofficial down under friends. Move here before we our gubmint dose to us what yours has already done. I have 7 acres out in the country that’s not being used for anything. Cbh, Fordy, could y’all manage to live that close together?

To my unofficial down under friends. Move here before we our gubmint dose to us what yours has already done. I have 7 acres out in the country that’s not being used for anything. Cbh, Fordy, could y’all manage to live that close together?
@Farleg might need more space.

When I go bush here they are big blocks.

Exactly how many people living in this commune "in the country" where nobody goes? Your not a prepper are you? Like a couple of mad Aussies held up on a block that isn't being used might draw attention.

Prepper? Nah.
Prepped? Yep.
Drawing attention? Nah, all the local fish cops are close (call me for help when they get stumped), county Leos are close (call me for thermal help on man hunts), state Leos even closer. Even a few feds in my contact list.
Wont mention the international

In my most of my rum loads, remington brass was good for exactly 1 firing, sometimes less. Running the same speeds with adg, I’m up to 3 firings. So I’d call that a WIN. Now if Peterson is a bit stronger, then I really need to try it.
Gday Jessej
Similar results here 👍although how did you get less than one 🤷‍♂️give it away like me I guess
I also ran a test on some high preformance loads in adg 375 rum
2shots & done but they killed ok 😜😎
The cost for us on that adg stuff is one that I’ll not purchase again as I could have bought a new sako rifle with the cost of those & still had change
But overall brass is good but a consumable & just like barrel life you want high preformance you need to accept it comes @ a $ cost just took this tight ar$e a little time to accept that
No idea on Peterson brass so let us know how it goes for you as I’ve seen some in the shops here a while ago though
Cheers

Gday Jessej
Add a couple 00 to your 7 & in all reality I’d probably still struggle as bullet fallout range for me would be a issue unless I had a mountain as my backstop like I do here

I’m in a extremely lucky position with firearms & ammo also permits to shoot what I want when I want ( a couple species are off limits ) although the lucky side is also a curse as man alive these critters are getting thicker ea year 🤬

Here’s one for you guys to ponder
Only a couple states now left to duck hunt in as it’s banned in a few now & they are pushing hard to stop it in Victoria

Oh yes we live in a lucky country 😜

Cbh
Our new police commissioner won’t let any one in with a firearm for hunting even with a licenced outfitter
Hopefully that will change as the organisation im in is working through that as I type but what a headache & she dosent even need to give a reason on the rejection & she didn’t 😢
Cheers

When you’re straddling the edge of ridiculousness, running RL22 and RL25, and a change in the weather makes your primer do a disappearing act when the firing pin hits it. I classify that as less than 1.
Gday Jessej
Hmmm you are lucky your not here as that ridiculousness is called being a Boy Scout here 🤣👍😎

I would delve deeper but I got enough of being unsafe lately so I’m leaving this one alone

Cheers

Gday beeman
Another potential way if Steve can’t is maybe one of the hammer members can buy & send to you 🤷‍♂️ or you buy send to their address & they post to you 🤷‍♂️

Cheers
I wish it was as that easy. I think when hammer ships to Canada, along with some other businesses no export permit is required by me. I believe they pay a fee to ITAR. I can’t possess anything gun related in the US.

I only live 15 miles off the North Dakota border. I have things shipped to a depot there frequently. If I could possess gun related items in the US I’d have them shipped there. It’s maybe not a bad thing financially. If I had unlimited access to firearms/parts/ loading supplies I d need another couple jobs to pay for it all.

Back