Picked up a stray today.

Gimme some numbers Joe! Let me know what I need to be shootin for
I tried to reach but fell short a few times of 5280. I was able to hit 5069 (30 in tube) over the chronograph at 10 yards, never worked out actual muzzle velocity. But if you hit 5280 Sir, you would be my hero. I would actually tattoo your name on my left shoulder, not really, you'd have to replace Patton (Gen George S.) and that won't happen.

šŸ’„šŸš€šŸ”Øā˜ ļø

The fastest I have hit is just over 5,000 fps. Three shots over 5,000 averaged 5,006. Ruined the brass in the process. However I'm in the rare 5,000 fps club. one that PO. Ackley tried and tried to get to, but he didn't have Hammer Bullets. Would I chase 5,000 fps again? No it is too hard on the barrel. I've been hanging around Joe too much. :rolleyes:

Jesse to be realistic, I think 4,200 range for the 124HH is a reasonable goal. I also think anything between 3,800 and 3,900 for the 137 or 138 is excellent. I have an accurate load at 3,849 out of my rifle. However, I have a 26 inch barrel and those extra 4 inches with all that powder makes a difference.

3899 fps is smoking! It tells me that you have a real winner. I'd back that load off by 2 grains and shoot for accuracy.

This week I'm planning (I'm off work!) to get a nice accurate load with the 154HHT. The nice thing about having a RUM and reloading is you don't always have to run it at full speed. When I was into hot rods, the old saying, "There is no replacement for displacement." is also true for powder capacity. If you feel like you need more, you can always get a 30-378 Weatherby Mag. It holds 17.7 more grains of water than the RUM.

A mile a second. Thatud be somethin there now.

Iā€™m assuming yā€™all DIDNOT reach 5k in a 22ā€ barrel.

With this 22ā€, As time permits, Iā€™m gonna tinker with a few powders above n below h4350. The pressure I saw yesterday was not typical of adg brass. Had a decent ejector protrusion, which usually happens far after flat primers, but yesterdays primers still had nice radius shoulders.
138s @ 3899.
With a little work, Iā€™ll be surprised if we dont come up with a good load tween 3900-4000
Before yesterday, I didnā€™t think that would have been possible in 22ā€

A wise man on here (HARPERC) often repeats that "only accurate rifles are interesting"

Just sayin

I sure hope I quoted that correctlyšŸ˜–

to each his on.

At this stage of my life, to be really interesting, itā€™s gotta do something that sets it apart.
Very accurate with moderate speedā€¦good
Very fast with moderate accuracyā€¦.good
But very fast and very accurateā€¦.make my sicker peck out.

And of course. The definition of very, varies.

If you feel like you need more, you can always get a 30-378 Weatherby Mag. It holds 17.7 more grains of water than the RUM.
Les, Iā€™ve been pondering this a little while. I had actually made the decision to bring home a 30-378 accumark. But after consulting with steve and butterbean, I decided the juice wouldnā€™t be worth the squeeze

Les, Iā€™ve been pondering this a little while. I had actually made the decision to bring home a 30-378 accumark. But after consulting with steve and butterbean, I decided the juice wouldnā€™t be worth the squeeze
Good call. One of the most hateful cartridges I've ever loaded for. Weatherby brass sucks too. All it does is burns LOTS of powder.

JM2C

Back