Poking the bear

My issue with the beamoor is that they type of people who purchase a 6.5 Creed and think they’re hot stuff because they top it with a BDC reticle scope…that was designed for a .308.

By “people,” I mean my brother. And he sure does like to brag about his “hunts.”
Don’t think he has ever skinned anything himself. 🙄

My angst and ire is mostly limited to the 6.5 Creed combination. (I believe it is a wonderful chambering, but can’t bring myself to own one. Perhaps a 22 Crees one day, I dunno yet).
I am collecting parts for a 6.5 PRC, but I intend to ask the barrel maker to engrave it with 26/4 PRC instead of 6.5…because in addition to an unreasonable distaste for the number 6.5, I am a nerd! And I fancy myself as being clever, at least this once! 🤣

My issue with the beamoor is that they type of people who purchase a 6.5 Creed and think they’re hot stuff because they top it with a BDC reticle scope…that was designed for a .308.

By “people,” I mean my brother. And he sure does like to brag about his “hunts.”
Don’t think he has ever skinned anything himself. 🙄

My angst and ire is mostly limited to the 6.5 Creed combination. (I believe it is a wonderful chambering, but can’t bring myself to own one. Perhaps a 22 Crees one day, I dunno yet).
I am collecting parts for a 6.5 PRC, but I intend to ask the barrel maker to engrave it with 26/4 PRC instead of 6.5…because in addition to an unreasonable distaste for the number 6.5, I am a nerd! And I fancy myself as being clever, at least this once! 🤣
Is your brother's scope a Vortex? :cool: Speaking of the 264 PRC (I like that!), I just read a review of a gun in 6.5 PRC, and I wasn't that impressed with the numbers. I need to do some reading on the PRC. I know this is a little off topic, but it sure seems like the quarter bore gets more love than the 264. Anyone out there shooting the 6.5 RPM? I know Riceman shoot the 26 Nosler.

Is your brother's scope a Vortex? :cool: Speaking of the 264 PRC (I like that!), I just read a review of a gun in 6.5 PRC, and I wasn't that impressed with the numbers. I need to do some reading on the PRC. I know this is a little off topic, but it sure seems like the quarter bore gets more love than the 264. Anyone out there shooting the 6.5 RPM? I know Riceman shoot the 26 Nosler.
Haha! Think it is a Nikon, but I am smelling what you’re cooking.
Don’t forget the division symbol in the moniker. 😉
I, too, would love a quarter bore. The PRC is a press of the proverbial easy button for the next build, though. After the steep learning curve (of which I have fallen off for the moment) of a wildcat, I need a known, easily sourced project.

Back