Prayers for a member.

Thanks HarperC for reaching out!

Prayers are much appreciated. It's been a rough year.

Today my family went to our cou ty seat where I got my HR218 badge and my retirement disability is official on Monday. 19 years with he agency, but my body is worn out.

1 transplant in 2004, 1 in 2013, which is in rejection. I am teetering on needing dialysis at this point, but we are working forward well.

We also got diagnosis through a genetic test which indicates i have a single recessive gene, and doing some research indicates it all started wit rheumatic fever my grandma had... in 1940.

My wife will fi ish her school this spring, which was the plan a couple years ago, and then I was planning on an easier retirement process. That got sped up this year unfortunately.

All the chores are done for the winter, animals butchered or sold off, firewood stacked. Now it's just spending time with the family, being the best Mr Mom I can be, and running my hounds as my energy and gas funds allow.

So, although this has been rough, certainly through God's grace, things are ok. Take care and God bless.

Stay strong and stay safe. I hope all goes well and that you settle into this mr mom role and enjoy retirement.

It seems wrong to write mom after writing it our way for as long as we have been able to write.

Mum and Dad are probably the first words we learn to write.

Mom's the word.

Last edited:
Thanks everyone for the prayers and kind words.

I am doing ok, one medication ending has helped my hemoglobin, and thus my oxygen levels have improved from about 88 to 93 over the last few days.

Just hanging in there adjusting to life as it will be foe the foreseeable future.

Back