Prayers for a member.

Really got to thank everyone. It's has been a rough time. With all the time in the hospital, having to retire, and stuck in this limbo of not sure exactly what we need to so for transplant and dyalisis prep, wife going to school and the changes coming in the future there, it sure has been a test of faith and perseverance.

Not sure how to pay it forward at this point other than to pray for you guys and be thankful there are truly good people in the world who care about their fellow man!

Really got to thank everyone. It's has been a rough time. With all the time in the hospital, having to retire, and stuck in this limbo of not sure exactly what we need to so for transplant and dyalisis prep, wife going to school and the changes coming in the future there, it sure has been a test of faith and perseverance.

Not sure how to pay it forward at this point other than to pray for you guys and be thankful there are truly good people in the world who care about their fellow man!

Gday mevertsen
You are already paying it forward 👍
Cheers

Mevertsen, I pray that you and your family find peace from the knowledge that, as stated in 1 John 4:7-12, our Father loves you, your wife and each of your daughters. Please also know that His timing is perfect. I love you brother and keep the faith!

An update -

I had my catheter placed yesterday and start dialysis this afternoon. I went downhill pretty fast the last couple weeks.

I have surgery scheduled next week for my fistula placement, and then about 8 weeks after that, another surgery to move the fistula to a place it can be used.

I'm hopeful that treatment will help me feel better than I have been for a while.

Take care all and God Bless.

I’m sure they have covered all bases, but thought I would ask just in case…. Is peritoneal dialysis an option.? You can usually do this from home and your diet is less restrictive. You do have to do it daily, but it is not very time consuming.

Continued thoughts and prayers to you and your family.

I’m sure they have covered all bases, but thought I would ask just in case…. Is peritoneal dialysis an option.? You can usually do this from home and your diet is less restrictive. You do have to do it daily, but it is not very time consuming.

Continued thoughts and prayers to you and your family.
It is an option....

I did it 10 years ago prior to my second transplant.

20 years ago prior to my 1st transplant was hemo.

The main issue is I have had so many abdominal surgeries, there's great concern about it working.

One doctor was quite reluctant, another is willing to try.

Also, the current clinic I will be going to is working on the training for home hemo, in the very near future, which be better yet.

We are looking into getting a PD catheter put in,but that is yet another surgery, so 4 procedures in a matter of less than 8 weeks.

Trying to get all that scheduled and stay stay alive and stable is quite challenging.

Mevertsen, as a fellow hunter, I’m sure you have seen that there are no lies in nature…only incredible beauty with unforgiving rules. Further proof that God surrounds us. So not only keep the faith, but lean into it so that it grows and strengthens. I have personally been blessed each time I have done so. I’m praying for you brother.

Hi all.

I started dialysis last week with my catheter. 4 treatments in and I am down about 4 liters of water. Feeling better. Getting ready for surgery now for fistula placement.

Take care all.
Thanks for the report. I am praying that you will find a new kidney for a transplant soon. I am on the organ donation team at our hospital, and have seen many great stories.

Off to a set of two surgeries in the morning. Check in at 545, should be out of surgery by the time most on the west coast finish their coffee. :)

Getting a Peritoneal dialysis catheter placement by a transplant surgeon (radiologist couldn't do it a mo th ago because of all my other surgeries), and the transposition of my fistula which was created end of January. I'll be a hurting unit for a while but this should be it for a while.

Back