TC Arms 4/30 Announcement

Hopefully S&W changes their approach to customer service, or at least fired the guy at S&W T/C, from 6yrs ago. My Encore FX came with buggered up threads in one of the top receiver holes. I discovered the problem when I used a q-tip to clean the holes before trying to mount a picatinny rail. I tried to just run the 6-48 screw into the hole by itself to possibly clean out a slight bur or condition the jacked up threads enough for the screw to hold. It didn't work, so before redrilling and changing the holes to 8-40, I called up T/C and the guy in about 5 seconds of the conversation of me telling him what was wrong, he says my warranty was then voided because I didn't use a T/C 6-48 screw...yeah, pathetic. Considering it was a hole threading issue and not a screw issue, but I got the vibes of how it was all going down.

I did have some sport with the guy and asked what the differences were between a T/C brand 6-48 screw and a Warne brand screw. Of course he didn't know, and I pointed out they were likely sourced from the same screw manufacturer. So, I was told my only option was to buy a new barrel at a ridiculous price, like 3/4 the price of the gun. When I asked what the price would be to drill & tap the hole, he replied they wouldn't take the time to do that procedure.

So, I drilled and tapped them to 8-40 and fixed the problem in about 10 minutes. I know, a lot of drama over the issue, but the moral of the story was the ridiculous stance either that dude had or S&W or T/C. Hopefully dude was just having a bad day, :LOL:. (Yes, I would buy one of these new ones to FAFO in hopes all is water under the bridge)

I kind of hope they bring back the Dimension barrel swap bolt action. It could be special with technology today.

The Venture was always decent accurate rifle.

I had an Icon and full bedding block machined receiver for pics was great. The DBM was horrible for maximum COAL.

Encore with decent trigger, better locking bolt springs, better forearm isolation and fast twists could make this "great" again!

As a single-shot fanboy, I really hope they succeed. The market needs a cheap, quality single shot switch barrel options. I think their future will be determined by their pricing. Considering that you can get good custom Encore and Contender rifle barrels made in the $400-500 range, if they reintroduce a switch barrel system that isn't priced right, people will just buy a frame and go straight to MGM to get exactly what they want.

My CVA Scout Pistols were $350, so I think the market is going to be pretty price sensitive.

When I was a kid and we were getting into muzzleloading my brother got an omega, came with a disc of instructions and it was Greg Ritz doing the instructions and I think a couple of his hunts. Cool that he’s buying tc, I had no idea that he was also known for poaching???

P.S. I always kinda wanted an encore, never got around to it though.

Greg Ritz was NOT charged in ANY poaching case. He was part owner of a company that improperly managed a deer reduction program. He was owner nor involved in any way of improper documentation. The fines were for administrative screw ups. Deer were tagged.

SOS internet 🐂💩.

Encores have horrible triggers that can be modified easily with replacement springs to end up with 2.5# trigger. Done it and works great. I also replaced hammer spring with a much heavier one to increase hammer speed. Kind of speeding up lock time. If you cock this trigger enough times, you will be undefeated in thumb wrestling! Really hard to do especially with gloves on but adds more performance.

Encores have horrible triggers that can be modified easily with replacement springs to end up with 2.5# trigger. Done it and works great. I also replaced hammer spring with a much heavier one to increase hammer speed. Kind of speeding up lock time. If you cock this trigger enough times, you will be undefeated in thumb wrestling! Really hard to do especially with gloves on but adds more performance.
This is what I did with mine:

Back