Team Hammer in Africa 2024

Its been a bit since I was there. I fished a large tank on the back of a property my grandfather was caretaker on. Cattle got bit on the regular, literally take a step over a snake cast repeat. Even had one crawl across the owners lap while bait fishing. Also got in boats.

I left wishing they had given me a .22 over a fishing pole.
25yrs ago on my first TX hog hunt, I was told to go a direction, then turn right at "the tank". I thought dude had some old junk surplus tank out rusting on the ranch. I had to radio and say I didn't see a tank. He replied, "I see you right at it!" I then asked where the tank was in relation to the pond. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

25yrs ago on my first TX hog hunt, I was told to go a direction, then turn right at "the tank". I thought dude had some old junk surplus tank out rusting on the ranch. I had to radio and say I didn't see a tank. He replied, "I see you right at it!" I then asked where the tank was in relation to the pond. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
Tanks and senderos in West or South Texas… ponds and trail roads in East Texas. 😉🤘

I might be looking for a place like that again soon. Unfortunately the owner of the place I went to passed away a few years ago. His daughter owns it now and the rules have changed.

I have access to about 4000 acres in East Texas. Unfortunately, one of the owners is old and crotchety, the other is a raging alcoholic, so I have to tread lightly with them. The sons of the old crotchety one are my best friends though, so it’ll get easy eventually.

I have access to about 4000 acres in East Texas. Unfortunately, one of the owners is old and crotchety, the other is a raging alcoholic, so I have to tread lightly with them. The sons of the old crotchety one are my best friends though, so it’ll get easy eventually.
Have the pigs gone completely nocturnal there yet? That’s what happened at our place after a few years of hard hunting. By 2016 you never saw a pig in the daylight. It gets to be an expensive game when thermals are required. Hunt all night and sleep all day. Fun times though!

Have the pigs gone completely nocturnal there yet? That’s what happened at our place after a few years of hard hunting. By 2016 you never saw a pig in the daylight. It gets to be an expensive game when thermals are required. Hunt all night and sleep all day. Fun times though!
That's pretty much what's happened here. I got a bada$$ thermal scope and can't stay up late enough to use it :sneaky:

Pretty much. If you know where they bed in the daytime, you can sneak up on them IF we have a little wind. Their sniffers are too good for humid and still days, which are prevalent.

I think it would have still hit me in the nose with the back of the action. It is manageable now with the muzzle rise gone. Don't get me wrong, it is still a handful but I can now shoot it from the bench! Gonna go shoot it again tonight, I think, and get my zero verified.
I think you deserve a medal for saddling back in and not developing a flinch!

Back