The Backfire Milk Jug Challenge. Quite the LRH Backfire!

Where I hunt it’s a combination of sitting and standing with bipod sticks or mono, or tree or fence posts, I suck at off hand when there’s a critter involved so pretty much avoid those shots. Basically never enough terrain for prone. I want to think about something three legged this year, when folded up maybe still useful as a mono for quick shots.

Where I hunt it’s a combination of sitting and standing with bipod sticks or mono, or tree or fence posts, I suck at off hand when there’s a critter involved so pretty much avoid those shots. Basically never enough terrain for prone. I want to think about something three legged this year, when folded up maybe still useful as a mono for quick shots.
Not cheap, but I sure like mine for sitting in the blind for river bottom whitetails. My son uses the same one out waking the sandhills for mule deer. Very versatile. Can be used as a mono walking stick or shooting stick, standing tripod, kneeling, and sitting.

Shameless copy/paste of pictures from the interwebs:

1714250921286.png
1714250967029.png
1714251101762.png

So I decided to really test the LOS sight in. Every rifle will be sighted in 1st LOS for the jug challenge without ever shooting at range. The only load ever shot at range is the 156HH and I reverified it is 100% spot on at its 41yd LOS. In fairness it has been shot at 300 and 👏👏. Watch, it will fail epically! 😂 All others have never been on range. The .243 55HH LOS has been proofed out to 450yds on critters so 🤷🏻‍♂️ at 600? This is something I personally need to do to make both @Farleg and me just grin like Cheshire Cat.

I am betting a precision LOS sight in will be effective out to 600. 🤷🏻‍♂️🙏 The potential shot drop error is low at that distance relative to sustained velocity and BC at that distance IMO.

IMG_3746.gifIMG_3720.gif

Back