The stooges down under

Russell, you sure made shooting that 500 look easy, Steve says it’s not? WTH?
Gotta be the first guy I have seen shoot a 500 to kill a duck! 😳😳😂😂😂😉
Gday reemtyj
The issue with Steve is his stock design
To much drop on his also I’d say it’s a little short on lop

The sako has issues of lop from factory as it’s mainly used in driven hunts & the generic they implement in the factory versions as it’s nearly all cold weather & once you start shooting in warmer climates nearly alway only a shirt instead of a warm jacket
So that extra 1/2 in of lop is critical in it being comfortable to shoot or it will kick the 💩 out of you

That 500 of Steve’s I wouldn’t shoot even with a brake it will push wrong

Going to be a fun day on steves buff for tino 🤣

We have tough critters down here lol
Cheers

I realize it’s stock design, i shot registered trap for quite a few years, stock fit is everything. Couldn’t help teasing Steve and you made it look sooooo easy!
By the way, Steve sent bullets Saturday, I received them today, is that service or What? Little faster than the Tasmanian mail service wouldn’t you say? Take a look in the bear hunting section on lrh my buddy Paul shows a couple big brownie carcasses, make a guy like you drool waiting to dissect them! 🤔😳😳😂😂😂👍😉 Alaska grizzly bullet choice- thread

Last edited:
If you watch it in slow mo it blows that duck 6 feet in the air

I tried that many years ago with my AI.

I read where the African hunters of old would sometimes shoot ducks sitting on the water, after tiring of eating only “the other red meat”! They would shoot under the duck with one of their “big bores” ….with the water’s hydraulic force killing the duck.

I tried it from about 200 yards away, shooting at one of two ducks sitting close to each other on the water. I didn’t allow enough for my elevated bullet path at that distance…..the bullet (a 270 grain TSX) squarely “engaging” the duck! Pieces and Parts “rained down” for a few moments. Meanwhile, the adjacent duck was lifted, rather forcefully, out of the pond and deposited on the bank. Stunned for a few moments, it gathered itself and took flight…..leaving it’s “dearly departed” companion thoroughly torn by the recent event! memtb

Last edited:
Back