6mm ARC

mevertsen

Hammer Time Executive member
Well,

My mind is on a runner right now.

6mm ARC?

Anyone have one?

How does it work for deer / antelope sized game?

Thanks for information and keeping my mind busy, lol.

They aren't as plug and play as regular AR15s that's for sure.
Get a type 2 bolt for the bolt carrier. The initial bolts were breaking due to high PSI stress of the cartridge. Type 2 have reinforced rings on the bolt face.
You will want to manipulate the gas port hole size with the gas block area size (Journal) to ensure smooth function. I wouldn't even think about not using an adjustable gas block. I like to drill the gas port holes a smidge on the larger size and tame down the gas with the adjustable gas block. I drill with Harbor freight numbered drill bit kit and measure the smooth end for ad hoc pin gauge use. Locked up in a vice and try to drill straight enough. The existing hole keeps the bit pretty straight.

You can buy an assembled upper from somewhere, but there are complaints a plenty with gas regulation, brass eating, ejector gouges and smears on brass if the gas isn't regulated good enough.

Dropped coyotes, hogs, deer with mine. 87, 88 Hammers. No issues with mine. Point, shoot, drop. It’s very underwhelming compared to my .243 to be honest.
So if you have a .243 avoid. If you don’t it will work just fine.

Can’t have ar’s in Canada so I don’t know too much about em but I would think you could dress up a savage or ruger with a fast twist pre fit and or a stock and still beat the ar price point? And then you have fast twist.243 power on tap…

Be sure you get a firearm with alot of adjustability. Thats a big plus on the ar15, easy to put in a good trigger, adjustable stock, large area to mount optics, and can be very lightweight. Very easy to adapt from a 6 foot man, down to a 4 ft little girl. My daughter liked my 6.8 spc ar, but she has her own bolt gun now.

Be sure you get a firearm with alot of adjustability. Thats a big plus on the ar15, easy to put in a good trigger, adjustable stock, large area to mount optics, and can be very lightweight. Very easy to adapt from a 6 foot man, down to a 4 ft little girl. My daughter liked my 6.8 spc ar, but she has her own bolt gun now.

Last edited:
Back