AHT first round

Farleg

Hammer Time Executive member
Gday
First off I would like to thank kneedeep for taking notes & extreme patience of waiting on the FaceTime calls to gather the data

Pictures to come

So got the 6.5 cal 105 AHT today & no time like the present so a couple tablets & organised my son to help

So got a start load to fire form the brass in the beanmore & it went 2976 & checked accuracy in that one shot
Yep one & done load work up & accuracy confirmed

Then decisions decisions on shot placement
As I had a few thoughts but as soon as I put the crosshairs on the steer as he was walking ( just off broadside ) the knuckle joint just said hit me

Oh how I love that knuckle shot as it sorts out pills really quickly but I’ll not do that with any brand but do have faith in hammers & extremely confident as the lightest 6.5 ( 80hht ) can get through that shot but one I don’t like that pill for but on all the calculations this pill would do a good job

This test is kinda a bit selfish as I’m honing in on where it will be used by the kids I’m taking out with this combo & I’ll not allow them to stretch out the distance so 2900/3000 impacts is as low as they will go due to my range limits for them
But I will test the whole spectrum & relay information to you lot & the hammerboys
Side note they don’t even know this test occurred as they won’t answer there phones as I’d say probably still hunting in Texas 🤷‍♂️ so they can’t have all the good information first right 🤣🤣

so this pill exited that knuckle shot & around 20/22 inches of total length before exit & petals made the far leg

Now I’m going to have to rely on kneedeep notes as to penetration lengths & petals made ex distance & width @ certain distances
I apologise that I’m not as thorough as I normally am but the body just won’t cooperate like it use to 😢& my son had to go so I was left to myself & FaceTime & calls to kneedeep ( 7 ) but still great data & pretty thorough but I only done 2 shots not the 6 I was aiming at which really annoys me

So I’ll put some pics up & chat to kneedeep to confirm before those are relayed

But so far this pill has passed the first round more to come & will relay as I gather them

Cheers

Last edited:
Estimated impact speed?
Gday DaveM
Impact speed was around 2920

The lower will come all the way to just below 1700 & the least amount of resistance one would encounter in the field

I’ll also do as high as I can go in the beanmore ( my original range I wanted to get into was MV of 3300/3400 as once again for the kids. & ranges they will shoot @ giving 3000 plus impacts )

Cheers

Farleg - I usually use a knife to open up my animals for gutting rather than the bullet! 💥 :ROFLMAO:💥🚀
Gday Les
🤪🤣
I wish I could’ve really opened it up
I should’ve of took a photo of the after math & the power of the beanmore 😜as it was opened right up & kneedeep & I were laughing about it ( his side comment that got it started 😎 )

Cheers

Gday

@DaveM got me ticking on this
Estimated impact speed?

I didn’t explain really well & felt I’ve left a bit wanting on my response so take 2

Velocity impacts are one I take a lot of notice of as it’s ultimately the greatest indicator of a pill’s potential to secure the critter in the quickest possible timeframe
So to me we have to work backwards a little & look @ what a pill will impact @ then it’s full steam ahead on what’s needed for the triangle to secure that critter well & even more so for kids imo as confidence is key or should say confidence building as that is what my goal is with this combo & once that’s secured watch this pill turn a few heads hence why the knuckle shot as I don’t want to be in a position of getting a kid shooting well & have confidence destroyed on a pill that lets us down on a shot that will happen in the field

This pill was looked @ from that position & worked on from the ground up
So they are
Shank weight
Petal mass
Velocity impacts

So here’s what I got today

1A740707-ADDB-4721-A515-EDC6EBFEC63A.jpeg
but no need yet as it’s pointless in the big picture imo

Hope that explains a bit more but rest assured I will give this pill a good run for it’s money & will run it @ various impact velocities & resistances to get a better indication of it’s potential

So stay tuned it’s a coming 🤫😜😎

Cheers

Gday
Sorry for delay
But Better not get ahead of myself so here’s the knuckle shot & take note of this as we go forward on the journey of the AHT

Videos are probably easier than my dribble although it’s still my dribble 🤪

I’d say my videos are dropping off a touch & I’ll try to go back to more visual of rods & more measurements & no excuse but my health has me cutting corners & im not as thorough as I once was
So apologies in advance
View attachment IMG_8340.MOV
View attachment IMG_8341.MOVView attachment IMG_8343.MOV
View attachment IMG_8344.MOV
View attachment IMG_8344.MOV
View attachment FullSizeRender.mov
View attachment IMG_8347.MOV

Hope all are in order 🤞🤷‍♂️

More to come but zzz time for now
Cheers

The Master is giving lessons on a proper necropsy😁! Thank you Farleg!
With this instruction maybe others will follow suit and help provide future data/evaluations. For those that don't know, the black device was a metal detector to locate petals (or shank later on).
Can't wait for the videos of of internals - but then I'm another of Fordy's ruined ones🤩.
Hey BFD, you getting this?!?

Gday guys
Thanks for the kind words

The part I really think needs to be bought up is you guys & the willingness to push learn & by learning I mean us all

It’s not just a particular person it’s how the broad knowledge of a lot of individuals can come together & learn / examine & see a better way forward that ultimately helps us all
That is what makes hammertime so special & I can’t thankyou guys enough

This is my small way of paying it forward
Thankyou again
Cheers

Back