AHT first round

We have a surprise guest accompanying us, who feels the same as you GL.

Wonder who that could be🤔

I'll bet cash money that the drone won't survive ;)
The drone will likely be buzzing @joe16 like a mosquito while he’s trying to shoot. You know you have to get good B roll for joe’s new YouTube hunting shows. If he could shoot things out of the air like @Farleg then I’d say it’s in trouble. But Joe flailing his arms overhead, he’s more likely to knock his glasses off.

The drone will likely be buzzing @joe16 like a mosquito while he’s trying to shoot. You know you have to get good B roll for joe’s new YouTube hunting shows. If he could shoot things out of the air like @Farleg then I’d say it’s in trouble. But Joe flailing his arms overhead, he’s more likely to knock his glasses off.
I refuse to participate in any such nonsense.😊

Gday
Finally got back to this pill as had a huge amount of data to process & no excuse but still have a lot more to process so probably just as easy to put up these videos that explain a little on what I look for & see in the wallaby to access a pill ( only a snapshot of the total videos I took & the ones I honed in on impacts the most to access where / what I was trying to find out so here they are & hope in order as I had to break them down
View attachment IMG_9429.MOVView attachment IMG_9436.MOVView attachment IMG_9437.MOVView attachment IMG_9432.MOVView attachment IMG_9433.MOVView attachment FullSizeRender.MOVView attachment IMG_9434.MOV

This picture is of my personal notes as I can’t be bothered typing this stuff out so I just hope that everyone can read my poor writing
image.jpg

I’ll also finish off the data obtained on this pill with a deer vital video’s explaining/ showing how this pill behaved but that will have to wait as need a break & then zzz time

Cheers

Your notes explain the terminal performance well. I’m curious how the accuracy and velocity compares to the 100hht and the 109ah. Is there enough velocity gained with this hybrid design over the HHT and is it easier to find accuracy over the absolute design?

It takes so much testing for one pill to really see it’s strengths and weaknesses. Over 70 (assessed) animals and I know there was more than that to see reactions. And don’t forget about the sick cow it took down.

Great stuff and thanks for all your work.
Kneedeep

I'll bet cash money that the drone won't survive ;)
The drone did survive but wasn’t used much. There was a learning curve on what altitude to fly as to not spook the wallaby. Too high and the wallaby couldn’t be spotted with it, too low and the wallaby ran off. The short time of flight with the batteries had us rushing in too fast and spooking wallaby as well. 25 minutes seems like a long time until it doesn’t. In the end, we figured all the parameters out but ran out of days.

Someone’s lack of patience because of too much testing to be done didn’t help matters. But I won’t name any names here. 😏🤣🤣

Kneedeep

@Farleg this level of pathological passion on your projects, and the willingness to educate all of us layman muppets with your reporting gives me a warm & fuzzy feeling all over!

@kneedeep about the drone thing. Yeah, that can be a real chore. Hell, just video documenting is a real chore, as you are very well professionally aware! I thought of getting a drone for LR and ELR, but with battery life, positioning, the whole thing turned me away from that venture. Drone operation needs to be delegated to another person, not the shooter, to be done best and since I don't have any friends, and especially drone pilot friends, it was an easy decision to abandon the notion! :ROFLMAO:

Back