AHT first round

Gday
Next lot are the wallaby & I’ll have to break these up into a few sections & full line of testing on these critters is yet to be completed

But before I start on this section do you guys want the video parts I done on the pill @ x velocity impact etc or do you want me to just put pictures up

The reason I’m asking as I’ve got to Fidel ( Jessej & my word & copyright applies lol )
With videos which is no worries just wanting to know if you lot like that side or the pictures to save me time as I want to get this AHT part done before joe & co turn up

Cool either way

Cheers

Farley,

What's your thoughts on the AHT so far. Are they close to what they need to be?
I know Hammer has the final say about putting them into production.

Are they the same externally as the AH but with the tip design technology incorporated? Or will these have a different Parabolic Band like the HHT?

Kris

Farley,

What's your thoughts on the AHT so far. Are they close to what they need to be?
I know Hammer has the final say about putting them into production.

Are they the same externally as the AH but with the tip design technology incorporated? Or will these have a different Parabolic Band like the HHT?

Kris
Gday Kris
So far pretty impressed but need to do the full testing ( like I did on the 30 cal 163hht ) & overall not far off completing this tests

So far everything I’ve thrown @ this pill it’s done very well

This one has these bands like the most common hht
Here’s The 105AHT against the 97AH
BE64894F-EF48-4D68-B48A-99C30316A0D7.jpeg
overall I’m happy with this one in those bands as the bands line up for crimping in my mag length ( I got greedy on this as had talked to Brian a fair bit on what I wanted /thought & goes along with that thread of muddys on cartridge efficiency ) now this one is kinda a hybrid between the hh&ah lines so will no where this all ends up soon once we shoot it against the 102hht&110hht for bc , speed & most importantly the TERMINALS

On terminals have covered a fairly wide range from the high resistance to low ( still not fully complete)
Only one I can’t do 🤔🤔 is those 3500plus impacts on big knuckles but in all fairness this is not the pill I’d take for that if I was chasing big critters but I’m pretty sure it will work & why I like to cover the what ifs
( but if I get a chance don’t worry I’ll seize the moment to get a 3500 on a big knuckle ✅ing as the beanmore is capable hmmmm )
In reality though for me this is a deer pill for the kids as it gives that TOF to lesson the risks plus basically no recoil
View attachment IMG_8713.MOV
The true test will come once we get those other weight hht ea side of this pill

So stay tuned on those as once the 3amigos get here we will have a pretty good idea quickly & I don’t mind leaving this pill if the others work better

That’s about what stage I’m upto hope that makes sense & the absolute profile line as is & just the tip added maybe the better option 🤷‍♂️

Cheers

Gday Kris
So far pretty impressed but need to do the full testing ( like I did on the 30 cal 163hht ) & overall not far off completing this tests

So far everything I’ve thrown @ this pill it’s done very well

This one has these bands like the most common hht
Here’s The 105AHT against the 97AH
View attachment 6215
overall I’m happy with this one in those bands as the bands line up for crimping in my mag length ( I got greedy on this as had talked to Brian a fair bit on what I wanted /thought & goes along with that thread of muddys on cartridge efficiency ) now this one is kinda a hybrid between the hh&ah lines so will no where this all ends up soon once we shoot it against the 102hht&110hht for bc , speed & most importantly the TERMINALS

On terminals have covered a fairly wide range from the high resistance to low ( still not fully complete)
Only one I can’t do 🤔🤔 is those 3500plus impacts on big knuckles but in all fairness this is not the pill I’d take for that if I was chasing big critters but I’m pretty sure it will work & why I like to cover the what ifs
( but if I get a chance don’t worry I’ll seize the moment to get a 3500 on a big knuckle ✅ing as the beanmore is capable hmmmm )
In reality though for me this is a deer pill for the kids as it gives that TOF to lesson the risks plus basically no recoil
View attachment 6216
The true test will come once we get those other weight hht ea side of this pill

So stay tuned on those as once the 3amigos get here we will have a pretty good idea quickly & I don’t mind leaving this pill if the others work better

That’s about what stage I’m upto hope that makes sense & the absolute profile line as is & just the tip added maybe the better option 🤷‍♂️

Cheers
Thanks Farleg,
As usual very helpful.
I'm currently waiting on a fast 6mm biuld. 7PRC necked to 6mm.
Was planning to run the HHT but this has me intrigued. The extra speed of a AHT and possibly picking up a little BC with the upgrades. Might not be the BC of the HHT but then it is so similar on the outside it might be VERY close. I'm looking to kill, bear, dear and elk at 500 and less so BC isn't that important. Some good choices for sure.

Kris

Gday GL
Uhhh, Farleg. You want some hyper velocity tests? Is it worth the effort?
The 6.5 118HHTs did not do well at stoopid speed🤷🤕
Is the pope catholic 😜

Always after more tests as more data =more reliability
but I think this going forward & a little pause for a moment as let’s get the base set on what this design is doing or needing a bit of tweaking 🤷‍♂️

As this pill may not give us better bc may not give us the speed & we maybe flogging a dead horse as it maybe slower & less bc than the 102&110 hht & may just be better staying with the AH profile & incorporating the tip 🤷‍♂️

Once that is worked out I think it’s game on

We need to kinda step back a touch & understand I’ve been greedy on what I’ve wanted in a pill for this rifle & hammers didn’t have what I was wanting or more so covering the bases for this rifle & where the kids will shoot it & @ what

The parameters for the beanmore were

A very well balanced kids pill that needed to ✅these boxes
Accurate
MV 3300/3400 ( this is also a great one to aim for in other combos also )
Impacts 3k plus ( 200 max range 100/150 ideal )
Nice bubble
Good shape charge
16 inches of coke can wound channel
24 in total penetration on a paunch shot if it occurs from either a little excitement or critter movement
Meplat protection

Nothing hammer had came close to ✅all those

So Brian got a earful or 2 from me 🤣🤣& help from other hammerheads to see what could be spun up & this 105AHT is what we have now

& why I’m a touch hesitant to get data when this pill maybe a waste of time as potential better pills will come off what we learn off this one & the other 2 hht (102&110 ) we will test & compare with this one

Then game on
Hope that makes sense George & then your hyper will be extremely useful

For Everyone the absolute tipped lines will come that I’m sure as Brian has a passion for this design Steve hates it 🤣
Not a terminal point it’s he gets so many questions on how & what to load with it so when it comes around & how to load just please forward questions to Steve as he loves it & let him know Fordy said cheers 🤪😜🤣

hope that explains a bit more
Cheers

Back