AHT first round

This is very interesting. The AHT could be an option in my hot rod 6mm biuld.
What are the pros and cons of a AHT vs HHT. Am I correct that it should yield very similar on game performance but give better velocity? Maybe a little more BC?

Kris
Probably a little less bc than the HH equivalent. But definitely more speed and similar performance… especially if it’s a “balanced pill”.😉

Gday guys nearly finished here only mundane stuff after the Escavator goes
A5BF0003-9373-44BF-B000-80FC66A50485.jpeg
Then back to some normality & can delve deeper & sorry for my lack of presence lately as got some great stuff to go through

Also I’ll have a chat with kneedeep & go through notes with him & the rest of my videos & will also have deer on the ground shortly with this pill

Cheers

Is that a 312 or 315

And if you are the operator, we need to see videos
Gday Jessej
It’s a 320D

I’m a Jack of all trades but master of none here
So Yes GL was on the money 😇
Great old bloke who’s a wizard on it
Family friends for nearly 50 years
He’s taught my youngest son so much who’s ventured into civil construction as his career of choice today 😎
Cheers

Tell your son to come visit and I’ll teach him how to get one in a ruff spot.
First hoe I ever operated was the one I bought from an auction to drain a swamp on my property.
I didn’t completely loose it, but got close a couple times. IMG_7219.jpeg

Gday
Just got back in with some more data on the AHT
I’ll make this a priority to get back to the compiled data so far but I need zzz as after midnight here & got a early start again

Oh have 300 AHT pills on the way so I can complete a good evaluation of this style , so far still looks good & killing well

Cheers

Tell your son to come visit and I’ll teach him how to get one in a ruff spot.
First hoe I ever operated was the one I bought from an auction to drain a swamp on my property.
I didn’t completely loose it, but got close a couple times. View attachment 6001
Gday Jessej
He loved that picture I did too & im sure you could show him a think or 2 of getting out of those 👍
Definitely needs to know how to get out of sticky situations
Heres one on our farm a few years ago E58EC35A-5F9C-456A-9048-6FE5B4CE1D10.png

Cheers

Gday
I’ve been trying to put all these videos together on the cow first & I have to make a apology I messed up & no excuse on my not doing the lungs as I was hurting pretty bad
these bigger critters take there toll on me these days I really need help to do them properly but it was what it was & I face timed kneedeep hence the measurements he took for us but I failed to get the lung damage 🤬🤬🤬

Here’s where I got upto on the video side of things
View attachment IMG_8350.MOV
View attachment IMG_8349.MOV
View attachment IMG_8351.MOV
But all was not lost & for some reason I couldn’t leave the far leg alone after I’d finished on the phone & told Mike I’m done after wrestling the paunch out & finding the shank it was time to go home for tablets & rest but the far leg was just saying cut me open for a quick look lol
& I’ll post those videos with the couple rump shots into paunch later but still have data of petal pattern & length of penertration so all wasn’t lost

Then I’ll move onto the wallaby & deer videos

Cheers

First off, I’m the world’s worst secretary. So, from my notes, 105aht out of the beanmore with an impact velocity around 2900fps. The steer was in poor shape, thin and not a lot of fat.

The first shot was through the front leg knuckle. The steer went down in 2-3 seconds.

The 105aht was caliber size on entry of the hide with a slight bevel on the inside against the meat. The pill had just started to open on the inside of the hide but not in the hide. The knuckle was separated and cracked in three places. Very impressive. There was a coke can wound channel through the meat of the leg. A large petal was found around 4”. The second stage shedding appeared to start around 7”. The wound appeared to be more narrow through the onside lung but radiated out to coke can size out the offside lung. The shank exited the steer.

@Farleg I didn’t note what the exit through the offside hide was. Do you remember? Also no note of the offside leg.

Great stuff either way
Kneedeep

Got metal detector?
Gday muddy
Yes metal detector was present the little hand held one & the issue with that on a paunch the size of a 1000 lb critter or like plus the gut material make up & a example is buffalo is easier to find a pill in than a scrubbie let alone this steer due to the matted like composition of the grass & you needed to be within 1/2 in of the shank even my larger detector struggles to get consistent past 1&1/2 inches in this material so I have to get basically a 44 gallon drum of grass & spread it out a inch thick to use the bigger detector to just find it but that data is not that useful as we don’t know the actual penetration capabilities so it’s bit by bit & slowly go picking little bits away @ a time ( I mark with knife cuts on paunch to give reference of the penertration lengths as to when the shank or petals are found you get fairly accurate measurements

On that steer I found it was easier ( ha not easy) to actually follow the wound path and sift through feeling for the pill & hopefully above explained it well enough

I found a petal by doing that but the shank I struggled & why I had to hang up on Mike then call back with what I found & what the depth of penertration was

Cheers

First off, I’m the world’s worst secretary. So, from my notes, 105aht out of the beanmore with an impact velocity around 2900fps. The steer was in poor shape, thin and not a lot of fat.

The first shot was through the front leg knuckle. The steer went down in 2-3 seconds.

The 105aht was caliber size on entry of the hide with a slight bevel on the inside against the meat. The pill had just started to open on the inside of the hide but not in the hide. The knuckle was separated and cracked in three places. Very impressive. There was a coke can wound channel through the meat of the leg. A large petal was found around 4”. The second stage shedding appeared to start around 7”. The wound appeared to be more narrow through the onside lung but radiated out to coke can size out the offside lung. The shank exited the steer.

@Farleg I didn’t note what the exit through the offside hide was. Do you remember? Also no note of the offside leg.

Great stuff either way
Kneedeep
Gday kneedeep
The worlds worst secretary did pretty good & can’t thank you enough & definitely better than nothing @ all

I’ve got the data on the farleg & rump shot with 2 videos on ea 🤞but man I wish I had the full one for people to see what we saw

The deer I have some pretty good ones & post up in due time 😎

Cheers

Back