AHT first round

Your notes explain the terminal performance well. I’m curious how the accuracy and velocity compares to the 100hht and the 109ah. Is there enough velocity gained with this hybrid design over the HHT and is it easier to find accuracy over the absolute design?

It takes so much testing for one pill to really see it’s strengths and weaknesses. Over 70 (assessed) animals and I know there was more than that to see reactions. And don’t forget about the sick cow it took down.

Great stuff and thanks for all your work.
Kneedeep
Gday kneedeep
I believe the velocity gained is potentially worth it once the bc is taken into account as the bc is holding pretty close to the 112 hht not quite so it will depend on a couple fronts & that being the range the critter will be taken @ the velocity bracket it falls in
& also if it’s in a less efficient case design you may get some more velocity gain 🤷‍♂️or maybe nothing 🤷‍♂️
Now if someone is going to shoot sub 2000 impacts I’d say potentially not worth it as the 112hht is around the 100fps lower impact rated pill

I do have to test full bc values & want to take them to 500 to confirm but I’d like to go to a 1000 but I think my concentration level will struggle @ those ranges these days so 500 I’ll be happy with those as far as I’ll shoot anyway

On the 70 assessed that was for the sub 2000 impacts & the higher ones I just didn’t get to those video’s yet so they are not in that data page as I’ve got to hone in on where the next velocity up is & may need to do a little fine tunning with the impacts to find where they are @ so really this pill is only partially completed for a comparison to those data sheets on the pills I’d done in years gone by & the cow will eventually get there also in more detail along with camels for penertration capabilities etc & I’d only put rough broad notes on the penertration capability so it jogs my memory when I redo them as more data comes in & I’d love to do a graph on this pill but that’s going to take some time & don’t know if I’ll get that kneedeep into it 😜🤪

That’s in reference to The ones on all the different brands in the blue folder that I think I showed you , that was the folder with the Berger 215 & big critters over 3 styles open tip /out of the box & annealed we went through or I’m just head F & the SIM cards majorly full 🤪🤣

Accuracy I found better than the 97AH but nothing came close to the 85zoomie load the hht seemed around the same as this AHT but to be fair I never tried to tune as you know I’m not worried as long as it’s Moa of wallaby I’m good on a deer to the ranges it will take them @ if I do my part or the kids so no need for this muppet to waste bullets on paper lol

I think that’s all I better get to brads post as looks like he’s in need of some friends 🤣🤣 bugger his post I’ll call him

Cheers mate

Last edited:
Gday
Brads call went well he sung me some lullabies 🤣🤣

Moving on & to The next one is on deer vitals & im half way through the breaking down the video I took so bear with me as I’ve got to go milk cows

A part of Brad & my conversation was he asked if I do all my evaluations on a pill this way or in this detail & i said yes but that wasn’t quite true as let’s take the 100hht or some others that it crops up in & I may have covered before so accept apology in advance if I have

First off I’ll basically take every pill out & put it in a wallaby first as I’ve seen to many times if it dosent work on these im wasting precious time & better off concentrating on a pill that show’s promise now it’s not a one off & needs replication so You just keep shooting critters @ various impacts & resistances to confirm honing in on certain placed shots to replicate

The 100Hht was ceased after a short stint of critters probably 15/20 ? ( I need to check notes ) as it was iratic & was never going to improve & I didn’t tinker with this pill to find out if it can be fixed or not but potentially I can as like we did with the 338 hht but the safest bet & most likely is for the hammerboys to alter it just like the did with the 137 hh in 30 cal as that I can’t do

So the 100hht has not had a full evaluation done on it as to me once again I’m better off finding the weakness or limits on another pill that is better & gives consistent results & await the tweaks on the 100 hht to come but in all honesty I think I’m about done with the 6.5 as in all reality 3 pills to choose from so no need to complicate it anymore as the results on these 3 cover what I will do with that caliber extremely well but I may get a box to keep the hammerboys on their toes to make sure the direction they are going to tweak the pill is the correct one 🤷‍♂️

Hope that makes sense but basically I only give the good pills these days the full evaluation as I just can’t do it all anymore

Here’s pictures of what I used to do

Got to run sorry for very rushed response

Cheers
image.jpg4586DC2C-8BB4-41F5-A6A7-C45B25536271.jpeg
Tidying up the pics reason for edit

Last edited:
Gday here’s the data of a deer vitals that was just sub 3000 impact
Hope these are in order
😡😡😡ok not in order&I’ll edit to try & fix up
Man alive this tech stuff sucks big time just hope it explains it all without me typing up

View attachment IMG_9438.MOVView attachment IMG_9439.MOVView attachment IMG_9440.MOVView attachment IMG_9441.MOVView attachment IMG_9442.MOVView attachment IMG_9443.MOVView attachment IMG_9444.MOV

View attachment IMG_8487.MOV
Please let me know if clear enough

Cheers

Last edited:
Gday Carl
I believe they are roughly the same but joe or kneedeep would be better to advise

We call them European wasps & they are nasty buggers when they sting & fairly sedate when they first come around for meat but lookout once they start & you’ll see hundreds come in if not thousands

Cheers

The master takes us for a tour again!
You've got me more excited about the Absolute HHTs. Did you test anything at high velocity (maybe not able to?)
Gday GL the highest I got was just over 3500 on a rabbit & a front on head shot but I was a touch high & it preformed well for what I could see but I’m really wanting to put that in a deer @ those velocities but time poor & so so limited to range I can shoot those @ so I’ve not got to it but totally want to see that &3600/3700 would be better to confirm what’s going on so if you get your permits it would be a great one to do to complete these tests & dare I say with the Sherman 😜

Cheers

Back