Check this out

I think Nosler might have that one too (e-tip).

They really painted the rainbow with their Ballistic Tips. Didn't leave a lot of room for others;

7mm is red - Hornady is red
30cal is green - Sierra is green
25cal is blue - Barnes is blue

It's a tough challenge for Hammer to set themselves apart with a trademark tip colour. As much as I like my orange tips, I wouldn't want to get those mixed up with HHT's! 🤣

I like the Tiffany - looks like oxidized copper with a slight radioactive glow.

In our quest to make tipped Hammers work, a few years ago we tried to machine tips out of copper. No matter what we tried they would not open up at low vel impacts.
This is where I'd love more info. I know, as a trust but verify type, these are the real deal. I've even commented on LRH, putting a tip on "just because" and meddling with such a proven performer and reputation is a LARGE gamble or bet. My hat is off to all of the folks at Hammer.

Steve, maybe pull the curtain back a little and give us some insight and anecdotes of what some of that labor entailed?

PS I love this place too.
Thanks to my fellow "Barkeater" inviting me over here!

@Pickens72 came out to visit us summer before last. He pushed us to try again. We basically set out to prove to him that it would not work. Just so happened that the tips that we got to work with were the right geometry and material and the way that we married it together with our bullet it worked. Low vel was always the failure point for everything that we tried in the past. The tip is a plug in the hole that has to evacuate in order to let fluid into the hole to create the expansion for proper terminal performance. Also tipped bullets have a propencity to deflect on angled bone shots. This is where @Farleg and his testing was crutial. He was sure that he could fail the design and was not able to. He is still pretty miffed about it. Our current design is still a plug in the hole that inhibits expansion until it is evacuated. As it is engineered, we have been able to overcome this with most calibers and bullet weights. When working with lighter for caliber bullets and bigger bore bullets we have found the tip to be a problem. Thus we have designed another tip to work in the larger calibers. We should see tips from this in the next month or so. Then we can move forward with development with the .338 cals and bigger.

This is a nutshell description. Tip material and how we married the two together is the key to getting the HHT's to work even better than the previous lines of Hammer Bullets. That was a tall order, since they work better than everything else on the market.

The Turquoise looks good. I would go with an olive tan McSwirly if I was pullin the levers, but the blue green has the potential to become iconic. Great choice. Super anxious to see that lovely color atop a bone smashing .338. THAT'S IT!! Make the tips clear amber aka spiced RUM - 7mm RUM, 300 RUM, 338 RUM, 375 RUM! Just sayin it might be worth thinkin about a little. Maybe just a special run of the "RUM Edition" tips if nothing else? The tipping block and self installed tips may ultimately end up being the coolest custom idea in the shooting industry in decades. Won't be long and sports teams, super hero franchises and who knows who else will have to have their own line of Hammer Tips. 10 years from now it will be a given that if your shooting, your shooting Hammer, the argument will be which tip to run...Too much RUM you think?

Back