Cost per shot

Are you averaging the life of the brass, or just saying brass is X per piece of new brass?

Lapua brass is 3 dollars per piece.
Powder is .50 cent per round
Primer is .25 cent
Bullet is 1.75 dollars per round

I should get 5 firings per piece of brass (maybe more….so roughly .75 cent per shot

Total 3.25 per shot which is half or less what a hunting round would cost from the factory.

Most people don’t average the life of the brass which inflates the cost per round.
I'm only paying 1$ for .308 Lapua brass. 3$ seems pretty high but it may be more in other calibers.

Some of my hot rods brass life is dismal.
1-3 rounds. And that brass cost $2.50-$3.
100 grains of powder. $
$1.50-$2 pill
Primer $
Expected barre life number divided by cost of barrel/machining $

I’m not gonna do the math. It’ll make shooting less fun for me

Livin on the edge gets pricey!!! ;)

Don't know if you have done so already but the Alpha Munitions stuff is supposed to be pretty impressive. Haven't used it myself but the reviews are pretty good especially for longevity. FWIW

This is right there with how per pound venison or price per pound for trolling for salmon (seriously this is one price that makes shooting look like checkers!).

Just the cost of gas towing a Lake Michigan size fiberglass boat, gear, constant upkeep, the latest hottest lures, ad nauseam! Seems my best port is 4 hours away and heck yeah, gotta go when it's hot! Someday gonna get @Nicoli7153 into boat!

Hopefully wife doesn't read this thread!

This is right there with how per pound venison or price per pound for trolling for salmon (seriously this is one price that makes shooting look like checkers!).

Just the cost of gas towing a Lake Michigan size fiberglass boat, gear, constant upkeep, the latest hottest lures, ad nauseam! Seems my best port is 4 hours away and heck yeah, gotta go when it's hot! Someday gonna get @Nicoli7153 into boat!

Hopefully wife doesn't read this thread!
I tell my wife it's better than hanging out in some dumpy dive bar ........ it helps a little! 😁

My last big boat held 100 gals of fuel. The one before that held 256 gals.
For Those 100 mile one way offshore trips. Everybody wants to go fishing until after the trip when they pony up there share of the fuel bill.

That was back when I could stay up 3 days in a row. Man how times changes things!

I was in a LGS years ago and a woman came in and asked the owner for a #2 shell holder, he was quite the joker and said yes Ma’am but they are expensive, She looked him dead in the eye and said I don’t care what they cost I’ve never seen my husband so happy.
I smiled and bought way more stuff than I needed but Have always remembered that day😁

Well, gentlemen, the posts about cost of hunting reminded me of my calculation from last year. The deer run pretty small here.

Hanging on the track with no skin, head, lower legs or guts,

the buck weighed fifty-seven pounds and the doe weighted 42 pounds.

I checked the gas mileage and distance traveled for hunting. Apparently the cost

is $19 per trip. I hunted eight days without seeing anything. The grinding and

wrapping cost $250 so I concluded hunting is not cost-effective. Never-the-less, it is

fun-effective. Therefore, I shall look forward to next year’s hunting.

Back