Garmin XERO C1 Pro Chronograph

Thinking about ordering one of these. Wondered if they work on suppressed guns? Did some quick searching and wasn't able to find any information on it.

DISREGARD - Found a Garmin video on you tube saying that it would work with suppressors

Last edited:
Guys, I shot thru mine on this past Monday. Absolutely flawless performance, ease of use, easy pairing to my phone. Several options to pick from for data selection. I'm very impressed. To me, it's worth the $$$

I got some Cabela's and Bass Pro cards for Christmas that I put towards it. But I don't usually do business with them if I can help it

Last edited:
FWIW - Miltary and First Responders (Active and Retired) can sign up at GovX and receive a pretty nice discount on items, The Garmin being one of them. You will need to provide documentation to them in order to qualify.
Do classified DD-214s count? 🤣🤣

Wait a minute. What brand is this one?
That is a magnetospeed. I have one and love it. I sold my first one when I bought the labradar and quickly realized I couldn't live without both....magnetospeed V3 and a doppler.

Magnetospeed for Garmin Xero are both in my shooting box.

That is a magnetospeed. I have one and love it. I sold my first one when I bought the labradar and quickly realized I couldn't live without both....magnetospeed V3 and a doppler.

Magnetospeed for Garmin Xero are both in my shooting box.
Pray tell more about why you like both. Last time I was strapping magnetospeed on I couldn’t help but think how nice a Xero would be to just press go and shoot.

FWIW - Miltary and First Responders (Active and Retired) can sign up at GovX and receive a pretty nice discount on items, The Garmin being one of them. You will need to provide documentation to them in order to qualify.
Didn’t think about this. Thanks for the suggestion! I shall explore this soon.

If memory serves, Garmin controlled prices back in the day when I was selling their aviation equipment. But that has been a goody while ago. Not sure if they do it with their distributors nowadays.

It's a longer story than it needs to be....so I will give the readers digest version.

I shoot a lot and am constantly playing with new bullets, powders, primers, etc. I started out with a Magneospeed V3 and like it a lot. It is very accurate and easy to use. The only bad thing about the magnetospeed is you have to strap it to your barrel which affects accuracy / grouping.

Convinced myself that I needed a doppler and bought the Lab Radar....now owning both. Figured I would never use the magnetospeed so I sold it. A year later, my Lab Radar went down and had to be sent in for repair. This essentially shut down my shooting for 3-4 weeks. Ended up buying a new magnetospeed so I never had to stop shooting / reloading when a piece of equipment goes down.

I now have the Garmin and have sold my Lab Radar....but also have my magnetospeed. If I just want to get a velocity and don't want to sit at a bench, the magnetospeed is used. Otherwise the Garmin will be my primary and the magnetospeed my backup.

I love redundancy in my reloading. I absolutely hate when I have to stop a process because a piece of equipment went down. I have two single stage presses, two progressive, multiple ways to prime brass, two brass prep stations, all the manual tools to process brass, etc. etc. etc. Some may say I have a problem.....(my wife).....I like to think of it as being prepared. 🤣

I picked up a Garmin Xero C1 pro chronograph last week (I had some Cabela's gift cards just sitting around...). I've only used it once, but it is very easy to use. Intuitive buttons and easy to read screen, even in bright sunlight. It is very compact and I have no complaints about it. It picked up every shot from 6.5 CM, 6.5 PRC, 308, and 30-06 (all suppressed).

I heard a rumor that they may add BC calculation in the future, which would be even cooler.

I picked up a Garmin Xero C1 pro chronograph last week (I had some Cabela's gift cards just sitting around...). I've only used it once, but it is very easy to use. Intuitive buttons and easy to read screen, even in bright sunlight. It is very compact and I have no complaints about it. It picked up every shot from 6.5 CM, 6.5 PRC, 308, and 30-06 (all suppressed).

I heard a rumor that they may add BC calculation in the future, which would be even cooler.
Same here. Used it for the first time on my suppressed rifle and am Impressed! Used some gift cards as well and proceeds from Magneto speed sale

If they ever do come out with BC calculation (not that I need it, but why not?), the magnetospeed will become the backup. Or find a new home.

Back