Hammer inspired Rifle Builds

Farleg - It seems as if you have BEANMORE fever. Many of your latest posts have referenced it. I'm enjoying mine. That said, I won't be hunting deer or elk with it. I'm hoping to get out for coyotes this weekend with the BEANMORE. It is fun to shoot that's for sure! As I look over the last two years, Hammer has inspired me to get back into shooting a 300 RUM. With a good Hammer you can have your cake and eat it too at the velocities that the RUM can produce. I do think I have a winner with the 300WSM that I am putting together. It is a nice light rifle that shoots well so far. For me a serious hunting rifle for Mule Deer and Elk has to be 30 cal. or bigger. I know many guys and gals that shoot less. These are personal choices. It is not a right or wrong issue. Often they are historical choices as well. I grew up in Minnesota and my Grandpa and Dad were 30/06 fanatics. Our family farm had BIG Whitetails. When I was a kid, my Dad had the state record for a few years. The Whitetail was over 300 pounds. It is hard to beat corn feed venison on the table.

I enjoy reading about the rifle builds around here! GL's new gun is very interesting. Farleg, I just can't believe how many opportunities you have to shoot critters. I'm a little jealous. I was watching some YouTube videos of guys blasting feral camels in Australia. Amazing opportunity! I realize that is a long way from where you live. I realize that Hammer bullets are not cheap, but they inspired me to finally get a bucket list gun, the 35 Whelen. It just is such a nice round to shoot.

Hoping and praying your health gets better. Thanks for all you do and enjoy that BEANMORE!
@les,
You have Lots and Lots of company!

I've been intrigued with a medium bore fascination as of late, so I went with a 358 norma. Built on a mod 70 with a Pac-Nor ss 24" 12 twist 5 groove. Bc stock, 4.5×14 v3hd glass. Apa Lil beast brake.
So far, I'm upsizing 300WM brass and fireform brass for now but will be running 200ph and 140hh soon. 🙂

20240330_151312.jpg

20240330_150905.jpg

Hi All, l am part way through getting everything together for a Hammer inspired build, the final rifle will be a 7mm Mashburn Super Magnum designed to run Hammers, so far l have a Defiance Deviant Tactical action with a. 545 boltface, Badger Ordnance bottom metal with 2 mags(338 Lap CIP), and a TriggerTech Diamond trigger, Wilson 7mm blank Dies and new Lapua 300 winmag brass,
I would like to try a progressive twist barrel, and am going to get a West Texas Switch lug for it.

My other Hammer dedicated rifle is my first custom, and that's my 6.5 Beanmore, which without Hammer Bullets, Bean, Farleg and the Hammer gang it wouldn't exist, leaving me feeling very privileged to have it.
🐢.

Back