Hammer inspired Rifle Builds

Standard. Possibly with Serengeti, not sure. Getting more input. My son's 700ADL pure stock shot well inside 1/2 MOA out to 300. Crazy how accurate that rifle is with the 180HH.

I think a 30-06AI may be my next build. My 6.5 Sherman barrel is toast and needs a re barrel. I was planning on a 24” with a 9 twist. Those are impressive numbers you are getting with a 22” barrel!
I have a 30-06AI It is one of my favorite rifles. It has a 26 inch barrel. I've got Hammers ready to go, I've just been having too much fun with other guns.

I have a 30-06AI It is one of my favorite rifles. It has a 26 inch barrel. I've got Hammers ready to go, I've just been having too much fun with other guns.
Let us know how it works. Which bullet will you be using?

RL26 + 180HH = holy cow I bet! Personally, I believe this will put my 300WSM on block so I can standardize my cartridge inventory with my son's. Just more efficient use of components.

My latest one that I am pretty excited about is a 36-30 Nosler. All the components are in and the reamer arrived yesterday. Got a 1-8" twist Pacnor that will finish at 22" plus a small PK brake. Mac Bros action with a bdl style bottom metal all into a Mesa Precision stock. I think this is going to be my do everything favorite set up. This rifle is being built to go to Australia in July.

I like the new format, but I'm missing a bit of the history. So I thought I would start a general thread to capture guns that Hammer Bullets inspired us to build. I'm deep down a big bore guy. As I pursued the Hammer Bullets, I just knew I had to have a rifle for the 404 458 diameter Power Hammer. I thought single feeding in one of my 45/70s would work. However after getting 25 of those beautiful bullets, I realized I was taking up too much powder space to get to my desired 2300 fps. So back to the drawing boards. One of my former hunting buddies, Craig, shot a 458 WinMag, but I didn't really want to go that route as I am left handed. A custom 458 WinMag was out of the question. So the search began. About the same time, Joe16 was on a different course but we both came up with the same solution, get a CVA Scout in 45/70 and bore it out to 45/90! So the gun was ordered. Joe16 sold me 30 45/90 brass as it was almost impossible to get. Dies were ordered! I realized that I wanted more of a muzzle brake, so I started searching. I found Haskins made a specific brake for the CVA, so I ordered one. The gun was off to the gunsmith before I ran even one 45/70 through it. I had a nice Vortex scope from another project that I abandoned. It all came together! So, the first shot was a muzzle velocity of 2284. That was a guess on where to start. Wow was I happy. I worked through some ladders with several different powders. I topped out at over 2,600 fps. I backed down to an accurate load that averaged 2304 fps. I hunted deer and elk with this gun this year. Never saw a critter to drill! One of those years! Spring Bear season starts in just over a month, and the 45/90 will be in the woods.

View attachment 164View attachment 166View attachment 168View attachment 168View attachment 166
Impressive load and rifle. I’m a lefty as well and building a 458 Lott. I’ll report back once I can work up the same bullet.

RLL - Looking forward to hearing about your build. What action are you using?

RLL - Looking forward to hearing about your build. What action are you using?
A Dakota 76 in the white. 3.6” Magnum length. Leftover from the Parkwest transition…I got a hell of a deal on it.

Reactions: les
The Hammer inspired fundraising project for my foundation, built by Eric at Hoover Precision Rifles, kicked off in Bozeman MT at a benefit concert played by Country artist, Craig Morgan. Ticket sales are off to a good start and we got tons of positive comments surround Hammers and even a few people that say they love shooting and hunting with Hammers.

IMG_2122.jpeg

A new breath of life into a 30yr old rifle barrel replacement. Originally inspired by the 128HH, now will probably see the 120 or 127HHT.
25-06ai, 7 twist, 26in bbl, traditional bluing, original stock and receiver. I just got it back from my smith last week so I probably wont be able to fire it until Dec.
1697000828691.jpeg

Back