Oil No, Wind Yes🤔

For those that are interested, you should look up the number of doves killed each year by wind turbines. I’m assuming a lot of different bird species as well. I only bring up doves as I was talking to one of our top biologists in the DNR. We were talking about the reasons for the ever declining dove population and he gave me the number killed by wind turbines at the time. It was surprising. And this was before there were very many turbines around.

Kneedeep

For those that are interested, you should look up the number of doves killed each year by wind turbines. I’m assuming a lot of different bird species as well. I only bring up doves as I was talking to one of our top biologists in the DNR. We were talking about the reasons for the ever declining dove population and he gave me the number killed by wind turbines at the time. It was surprising. And this was before there were very many turbines around.

Kneedeep
I find that a little surprising actually. We used to have quite a bit of equipment around some wind turbines and I never saw a single dead bird on the ground. Maybe our birds are smarter? 😊

Then again I saw a dove kill himself flying through a barb wire fence one time so.....................

Regards

After shutting down the timber industry someone is finally saying the quiet part out loud.

It was well known at the time bigger predatory birds were killing the small ones. Just like the sage grouse, one can't have this many predators protected, and expect prey species to last.

Back