Predator Proliferation Problems

Where do they get the wolves from ?

Our state declined to share.
Oregon if I recall.

Maybe stock killers they didn't have the heart to put down.;)

Wyoming has been sharing for awhile, and Colorado gets angry when they wander back and get shot.

Respectfully @Snailz,
Certainly each of us has our own experiences, maybe locality dictates a bit.
1) Here in Washington we had what is called the Washington Lynx Fraud. 3 USFW, 2 USFS, and 2 WA F$G tried to submit fake lynx DNA, in order to stop logging, hunting, and recreation in the National Forest. No one was disciplined so inferring agency wide approval isn't a stretch.
2) After losing a case in court for writing tickets, for which there was no law to back up, the agency spokesperson stood on the courthouse steps, and said, "We don't care about the law, we're going to keep writing the tickets as most will just pay them.
3) We may lose our general bear, and lion seasons this year. Certified animal rights, and wolf advocates occupy our "Game Commission".
4) The Fish and Game are near completely uninterested in problem wildlife. Not grainy pictures, not anecdotal. Up to including grizzlies on the porch.
5) The entire wolf "reintroduction scam, revealed much. Watching elk numbers precipitously decline immediately following wolf advocacy Idaho tried to blame this on "poaching". Single digit calf survival is not poaching.
6) Similar was claimed here, but even cherry picked data didn't reveal illegal taking of game, but rather technical violations such as arrow to bow weight, no whistle in boat is a favorite for fishing tickets.
7) Buy a combo tag, kill a deer or elk, continue hunting for bear, or lion, you must be poaching. Numerous qoutes in the media to support this.

I could go on, but will say I've interacted with multiple states consistently over time, Washington may be leading the pack, but others are following the model.

They hunt 24/7 365.

1) It looks like Lynxgate is a bit of fake news. https://www.outsideonline.com/outdoor-adventure/debunking-lynxgate/
My reading is that they sent control samples from Lynx and bobcat because they didn't trust the lab doing the ID work. If anything, they were trying to reduce the likelihood of a false positive. However, media and politicians got a hold of it and totally misconstued the situation to drum up a scenario that made for a better story despite the fact that finding a lynx would not have shut down activities. Nobody got in trouble because they didn't do anything wrong. The study protocol didn't call for having lynx control samples sent in, but that is not the same as being illegal. Nor does it mean there was any attempt to falsify data.
2) Please provide some links, I tried to look into this one and couldn't find any stories.
3) Being from OK, I forgot that states with governors that lean pretty far left would do something like nominate animal rights people to the game commission. That is pretty unfortunate. I hope those seasons aren't taken away.
4) Isn't that what municipal and federal wildlife services are for? Most state agencies don't the staff to respond to nuisance wildlife. In OK the guys in the eastern part of the state will trap nuisance bears, but once the population reaches a certain point they're going to be out of man hours to commit to that work.
5-6) After seeing how terribly misconstrued Lynxgate is, you might understand why I'm a bit hesitant to take that whole narrative at face value. I'd need to see some long term data before coming to any conclusions on what the impacts are and the level of concern there should be. I think of Idaho as being a fairly red state so it feels like their game commission would not be pro-wolf in the face of overwhelming data. However, I'm not well informed on any of the wolf issues so I'll hold off from speculating.
7) So the point here is some game wardens are dicks? Not surprising.

Not really sure what I'm seeing in the video.

Check the link in my reply. It seems to be a total nothing burger.
Consider the source. Burger varies across the market.

Interesting the article is essentially not guilty pleas from those involved.

I couldn't get into some other articles the one that has something about the "murdered" wolf number 10 is suggestive as is their stated associates.

You're entrenched in your view, and that's fine, me too. I do not believe anything I could link would matter to you. I have seen what I have seen, been at meetings from those trying to walk back their involvement

The video is a wolf pack. What does it take to feed such a tribe. A specialty in Yellowstone was ripping the calves from pregnant cow, eating the calf and placenta, and additionally sport reflex killing.

The elk herd in Idaho is down 44% compared to before wolves were reintroduced. You could hear bugling throughout the day during the rut, now you might hear one or two in the early morning. It is rare to find elk out in the "Parks" anymore because it is easier for the wolves to pick them off. It is easy to complain about coyotes, but when the wolves move in they move out or are killed.

They could have at least dropped them off in a county bordering WY and let our guys have a chance at them.
But they’ll probably head home anyway….

I am thinking exploding GPS collars that warns then remove offending that stray outside their "boundary". Maybe square mile ok by me.
Man I wish I had the PR staff the wolves are using.

They're still pretending they'll stay where they are put.

Back