Something Seems Amiss

Edd

The new style ruffles on the HHT bullets are not as good as the older style ruffles, a tipped bullet that has the old style ruffles is no good, now the tips are too soft. All this from the most loyal supporters. What is happening?

The one thing about Hammer Bullets is the constant evolution of their product based upon feedback from everyone. Never satisfied is the basic premise for continuous improvement. This is the mantra for all successful manufacturers.

Plan, Do, Check, Act (PDCA) is the basic concept for Continuous Improvement. You can sit on your laurels or strive for better product.

JMHO.

I just posted this recently, might help explain things:

"I think it's fantastic as Hammerheads that we can question/push/challenge the bullets we buy and shoot. I find anything thought provoking, even in a what might be considered a perfect system, to be of benefit, possibly letting the flow of new thought fill some cracks in a system which weren't detected previously. (Contrast this to a certain knife brand I was a fan & follower of until I couldn't stand the absolute Nazi censorship to point out even a mere thought of a flaw to the product in a forum. Disgusting)

One of the biggest assets of Hammer Bullets is @Farleg even though his humbleness won't let him fully accept this notion. There might be other men that kill as many animals a year, month, day, hour than Fordy, but they certainly don't have the attention to detail to the terminal ballistics analysis Fordy has, or the desire to spread the gospel on the findings that Fordy has. The most wonderful aspect of Fordy's reports/desires to inform is that there is no product/product purchase confirmation bias. Hammer Bullets don't pay Fordy and I'm told that is by design as to eliminate said bias type.

Another man/terminal ballistics psychopath to listen to is @kneedeep. I know him to keep to his motto "question everything and follow nothing" and yet another non-paid Hammerhead, which if allowed the same advantageous geographical and game opportunities as Fordy...let's just say it would be like Darth Vader and Luke Skywalker joining together to rule the terminal ballistics Galaxy, but in the light side of "The Force"...

Before things get too sappy in this, I think it's important to know that any person or company who can't be questioned or challenged about their products or beliefs and who fail to have a "ready defense" for such and welcome challenge...more likely than not are running on insecurities, smoke & mirrors, or fearful resistance to betterment biased by ego."

The new style ruffles on the HHT bullets are not as good as the older style ruffles, a tipped bullet that has the old style ruffles is no good, now the tips are too soft. All this from the most loyal supporters. What is happening?
This isnt true.
Whats true is there is some discussion on -the differences- between the types of Hammers and how to handload them.

What’s happening is a new product finally reaching enough customers for one or two guys to have a “problem”. And thanks to this little forum they get to come here to share their experiences and ask for advice. Which gives us the opportunity to watch closely, form opinion’s, learn and or help others to have a better hammer reloading experience.

No other bullet makers (that I know of) have a forum for their products because guys like you ask questions like this which casts shadows of doubt on what is likely a great product placed in inexperienced hands.

If you want real life answers from the folks who matter most, call Hammer Bullets @ 406-261-0010, 406-261-5102, or email
[email protected].
Or pm or call @Farleg (long distance charges may apply😜).

Ed

I’m unsure if this is a baited question or an honest one. If it’s an honest one I know it can be difficult to pick through all the information to form an opinion. At the end of the day, what really matters are your actual results with your components on your animals in the real world.

There are differences with the new style pills and for each of us there are pros and cons. Not everyone digs into terminal performance as some here. For those that do, it’s a search for the ultimate in performance. An unfailing pill under conditions that are sometimes out of our hands.

For example, one of my clients shot a whitetail buck at an extreme angle quartering away.
6.5prc, 125hht
IMG_1022.jpeg
IMG_1030.jpeg
I would have expected almost every pill to have deflected and run down the side of this deer, potentially loosing it. But the new HHT design (with its soft tip) expanded on an extreme raking shot. A hard tip would have failed here. @Farleg has proven this with nothing different besides the tip hardness. This HHT went straight line and did not even tumble. This new HHT did not require any bandaids of high velocity or high SG. Yet it still delivered unbelievable results. As I’ve stated recently, everything is a trade off. There’s nothing amiss with this kind of extreme terminal performance.

The new “ruffles” can be frustrating regarding seating depth and crimping. Yet the benefit is a little higher bc which helps for us guy’s shooting 308win, etc. But some of us are not as concerned with higher bc and would rather have a little more adjustability in seating depth.

Overall these in-depth discussions, striving for the next in performance, have lead to the HHT design and extreme terminal performance. There are no other bullet manufacturers, that I’m aware of, that listen to customer input Like Hammer.

Kneedeep

It's kind of the limits of this medium. Reminiscent of when the speed freaks were chasing fps, and some took that to mean Hammer would only work at warp speed.

Goal for a bunch of us is chasing the perfect bullet. That means picking up a per cent or 2 wherever we can.

Transparency is not a common thing these days, kind of throws some to experience it.

Everytime I post on Rokslide I regret it, because in an attempt to help someone else, people jump all over you and tell you how their second hand "knowledge" trumps your experience. This forum is great! People sharing their experiences to help each other in a respectful manner. I hope this forum maintains this principle for years to come.

As for load development with the new HHT pills, it’s different yet the same. This is my most recent load development.
7saum, 118hht
IMG_2078.jpeg
IMG_2154.jpeg
IMG_2158.jpeg
As with all Hammers, barrels and components some load development comes extremely easy and some takes more work. This load was developed in 12 shots. 3 loads in 1 grain increments working up to pressure with LR primers and another 3 load set with LRM primers. Then I load a three shot group with LR primers and another three shot group with LRM primers to shoot for accuracy. Both groups were acceptable but I chose the mag primers. I didn’t need to adjust the sight as they are right there with the 145hht impacts.

The pill is seated deeper than I’d like, yet it produced very good numbers and accuracy.

Kneedeep

Gday Edd

I’ll ask this first & if you sit back & answer .
That’s your question answered right there
Pretty simple I would think but I’m a simple fella

Evolution is Moving forward????

I’ll leave you be
But a reply on your thoughts on it would be appreciated and don’t be frightened to take a step backwards before you take 2 forward on the answer

Cheers

@Ddubs20 👍👍👍

Everytime I post on Rokslide I regret it, because in an attempt to help someone else, people jump all over you and tell you how their second hand "knowledge" trumps your experience. This forum is great! People sharing their experiences to help each other in a respectful manner. I hope this forum maintains this principle for years to come.
Got banned from that anti 1a s-hole a few years ago. Apparently you cannot stand up for yourself when the mob starts a keyboard war. Good riddance anyhow.
Kinda figured there was only room for one mulleted 270wsm shooter there. And that was obviously going to be Robbie.
The only good that came from there was a recommendation to try hammer bullets. The rest is history.

Rokslide is a joke. Fanboys following Form and Avery that can't think for themselves. mtmuley

Got banned from that anti 1a s-hole a few years ago. Apparently you cannot stand up for yourself when the mob starts a keyboard war. Good riddance anyhow.
Kinda figured there was only room for one mulleted 270wsm shooter there. And that was obviously going to be Robbie.
The only good that came from there was a recommendation to try hammer bullets. The rest is history.
Exactly. The goblins get all nasty & antagonistic on someone, then the admins ban the guy for showing teeth back.

Back