Something Seems Amiss

The new style ruffles on the HHT bullets are not as good as the older style ruffles, a tipped bullet that has the old style ruffles is no good, now the tips are too soft. All this from the most loyal supporters. What is happening?
Isn't it a wonderful first world "problem" to have🤔?
A company that strives to improve its product for the customers, is receptive to ideas from its customers..
From customers that have totally different needs, that no other company would even think about listening to.
From a guy that tries to have his warp speed moped hitting as fast as a lightning bolt to someone that is perfectly happy with a 40 mph freight train. 🤷‍♂️
We are a very fortunate group to have a company like Hammer bullets!
JM2CW

Small local forums are always more friendly but large national forums are still useful for a broader reach of information. I learned about Hammers on LRH. The biggest selling point to me was Hammer participated over there answering questions and including critique. You cant buy that kind of customer support yet Hammers giving it away for free, and even better now in their own forum.

Nothings amiss with the new Hammers. I think Edd needs to follow up here and let us know we answered his questions. It would be the right thing to do.

I wont hold my breath.

Gday
@mtmuley @BFD @Muddyboots

I’ve come to love feenix & how he try’s to show his unbiased views in a clear & transparent way

He’s Still got a little way to go but he’s trying

LRH is incredible for the high standards it sets of treating everyone as equal
Also answers my numerous pm to admin with replies

I’m sorry I can’t add anymore relevant information as I’ve got go & take my overdue medication 🤫

Cheers

Gday
@mtmuley @BFD @Muddyboots

I’ve come to love feenix & how he try’s to show his unbiased views in a clear & transparent way

He’s Still got a little way to go but he’s trying

LRH is incredible for the high standards it sets of treating everyone as equal
Also answers my numerous pm to admin with replies

I’m sorry I can’t add anymore relevant information as I’ve got go & take my overdue medication 🤫

Cheers
As long as you don't talk wolves or E-bikes it's all good. I joined that forum before Steve did. Made great contacts. Purchased items. Len is a wimp. mtmuley

The 264 80 hht is my first try at hammers and I have to say please don’t change them, in a setup completely opposite from a little pill they shoot amazing. I started a post in the 80 grain 264 thread last week, and if most hammers shoot like this I will be trying a lot more chambers :)

I think that largely depends upon who you ask. If you ask me:

1. The tip deformation was highlighted, but established empirical data shows tip deformation effects precision to such a small degree it goes undetected in typical hunting ranges. The tip and material is reported to lend to the HHT line superior terminal ballistics.
2. Some HHTs pressure faster than the similar weight in the HH line. To me that is an observation of the characteristics/performance of the bullet line, not a complaint. Where with the HH line I could by rule load slightly faster powder and use book data for lighter bullets, I can't apply this universally to all the HHTs I've tried. I resort to standard load development practices. (Except the 7mm 118 HHT. I can run that like a 120HH)
3. For volume of fire and what I shoot, my complaint is price per bullet. I'm addicted to the precision performance of Hammers, and would love to shoot only hammers for even higher volume shooting on steel plates, but they are too cost prohibitive for that use. However, they are the only bullet I would have in the gun for big game hunting. Ok, the first couple in the magazine for TX hog hunting too! :cool:

I found another good use of the Hammer PDR Rings. After shooting 5 404 PH bullets through the 45/90, I switched to cast bullets. I shot about 40 cast bullets through it. As I set it down, I was thinking that I was in for a good time cleaning the barrel. However, I felt the urge to show off "The Howitzer", so I pulled it out and sent another 404 down the barrel at 2300 FPS. When I got home and began cleaning the barrel, I was very surprised that the first patch came out fairly clean. I ran a dry one through and just the typical colored patch. I followed it by another wet one and brushed. The next patch should have had lead crude on it. It only had a few small silver dots on the patch. I looked down the barrel and it looked perfect. Those PDR rings scoured my barrel! That last shot made it easy cleaning! If you shoot lead, make your last shot a hammer. It will make cleaning easy.

Learning. I have one HHT dialed in.
Same here. I have the 154 HHT dialed in for my T3X 300WM. Now I’m on to other calibers and rifles to find the right one for them as well. It’s all about experimenting and finding the right match for application.

Definitely wouldn’t say that anything from Hammer sucks because they’re always improving on the best they have. They never rest until it’s just right.

I’m shooting 90 HHTs in my 6 Remington ai 7.5 trust and load development was very easy just like HHs. Also 127 HHTs in my 25-06 ai and again very easy load development. Not shot anything yet with either one but I have no doubt they will work

As long as you don't talk wolves or E-bikes it's all good. I joined that forum before Steve did. Made great contacts. Purchased items. Len is a wimp. mtmuley
I belong to both and avoid challenging a poster over their 'opinion' Like Muddyboots has said, "Remember.....Don't argue with stupid people. They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience!"

Forgive me, I digressed, on that forum, there was a HHH (Hammer Hunter Hater) that did a PIF of a HH Seatshirt/hoody and a HH cap that no one took him up on. I finally did and now proudly wear it. Made me decide to buy some HHs and HHTs.
Unfortuntely the hwy to our shooting range has been closed for the past year, just opened up and in one week of rain has been opened and closed twice.......some day I will finallize my load data.

Back