223 wylde 1-7

I’d try the 60 & 64 HH.
Of course the 57 HHT. 64HH & 57HHT are as long as a 77SMK and my 1/8 twist barrels shoot 77SMK like a boss.

Don’t need anything in the 70’s. If you don’t care about pelt and really wanna see them pop. Run some 30gr. High TR and a light bullet gets explosive

The 7 twist is best for heavier/longer bullets but the AR mag length will limit using longer bullets velocity due to how far into the case the bullet is seated reducing case volume, Id go not more than the 64gn HH or use lighter bullets to utilize case volume to get velocity. For reference, Im running the 60gnHH in my 18in, 7 twist 223 Wylde AR and getting right at 3000fps but I think Im right at the limit of pressure. If I went heavier with say 200fps slower my terminal velocity would be about 100yds less than the 60gn which is around 400yds. Of course different powders might be worth experimenting with the heavier bullets but the 60gnHH would be hard to argue against getting you up and running with a coyote load.

Don’t need anything in the 70’s. If you don’t care about pelt and really wanna see them pop. Run some 30gr. High TR and a light bullet gets explosive
I mentioned the 77SMK only for the comparatives as it applies to the twist, bullet length, stability.

What bullet is recommended for a 1-7 twist 223 wylde. Coyote gun
@Koda is talking from some good experience, here. The 60gr is probably your best bet if you're loading from an AR with that dreaded 2.260" max COAL. The 52gr can even work very well depending on what powders you have on hand. The 57gr HHT is an amazing bullet and my new favorite, but it can't be loaded to AR mag length without putting the shoulder into the case mouth.
Thanks. Any recommendations for a temp stable powder
There are a couple threads that I did some time ago that tested temp stability at the extremes, like -8°F to 165°F. Just look in this forums section for "temperature stability test" and there should be a part one and part two. Depending on whether you'll be shooting in the warm or cold, these are the top picks of what I tested:

Cold to moderate weather: xterminator and benchmark

Moderate to hot weather: AR comp and benchmark

Back