Fast???

barthmonster

sorry, I didn’t search. This is my first post. Is anyone push the absolute hunters very very fast? Like say the 119 grain in a 7 mm ultra mag?? How do they do hunting?

Unlikely to see an advantage in the Ultra Mag. Most improvement in velocity is seen in standard cartridges.

As far as terminally scaring 4000 fps is a guess, and should kill anything that gets in the way,

If you're new to reloading and pressure signs, another choice may be a better go to.

Gday barthmonster
Welcome from down under

I think a few guys have got those pills close to the 4 k mark & @gltaylor springs to mind on probably the best resource on terminal hyper velocity in 7mm big bores

In the 7-08 the 119 ah worked pretty well but I only had around 1/2 dozen deer with that pill on those that pill opens pretty quickly @3k plus

Cheers

Our experience is Absolutes lose their speed advantage at around 90 gr case capacity.
Chech the Hammer Hunter load data. I've shot the 120 HH in my 7 RUM. So much freebore in the RUMs they don't handle shorter bullets very well.
You'd likely get some blow-by and sooting because the short bullet can't seal the bore well.
The 7mm/08 would probably do better.
Look in the big (old) load data files under Reloading.
And welcome from NE Alabama!

Welcome from NW Arkansas. Absolute Hammers typically work best in inefficient cartridges, or like GL said, under 90 grain powder charges.

Back