Fix It Sticks?

There are couple of different types - the one you show doesn't go 'click' - it's more like a dial torque gauge where you need to watch the dial.

Kind of a PIA when it comes to tiny screws that are vertical (ring caps or action screws), kinda have to tilt your head 90degrees to watch the dial while keeping the bit aligned in the fastener... Doable for those with dexterity, but not a lot of fun.

Once you try the 'clicky' kind, it's hard to go back. Fix-it does those too, but you need a separate 'stick' for each torque value. Good if you can get by with a 20in/lbs and a 45, for example, but if you need more than 3, I'd just go with a torque driver.

The Vortex branded one is pretty nice, they are made in Taiwan by Torque-tech, who also OEM's for Capri (might be easier to find).

I am liking the CDI Torqcontrol these days. It's a T-Handle which I find helps with alignment and leverage - mine is calibrated in N/M, so I have a table for converting values, but goes from 18-70in/lbs. CDI OEMs for Snapon so they are fairly well built with good calibration. Can be found for well under $100

Last edited:
There are couple of different types - the one you show doesn't go 'click' - it's more like a dial torque gauge where you need to watch the dial.

Kind of a PIA when it comes to tiny screws that are vertical (ring caps or action screws), kinda have to tilt your head 90degrees to watch the dial while keeping the bit aligned in the fastener... Doable for those with dexterity, but not a lot of fun.

Once you try the 'clicky' kind, it's hard to go back. Fix-it does those too, but you need a separate 'stick' for each torque value. Good if you can get by with a 20in/lbs and a 45, for example, but if you need more than 3, I'd just go with a torque driver.

The Vortex branded one is pretty nice, they are made in Taiwan by Torque-tech, who also OEM's for Capri (might be easier to find).

I am liking the CDI Torqcontrol these days. It's a T-Handle which I find helps with alignment and leverage - mine is calibrated in N/M, so I have a table for converting values, but goes from 18-70in/lbs. CDI OEMs for Snapon so they are fairly well built with good calibration
Well.....that sounds like a general PITA. I've got a regular torque wrench I use at home that clicks....never really cared for the beam styles.

That Vortex is kinda pricey....

My thoughts exactly...

There has got to be a story behind that bottle (good drink though).

I have the Brownells adjustable torque wrench, but have been considering that Wheeler set. What are your thoughts?
Not much of a story lucked out and drew one of the big 3 Oregon elk tags in Mt Emily after drawing on points in 2014 it was like hitting the lottery! Only fitting for a kill bottle since the unit ends so close to Pendleton🥃
I like the wheeler so far. No complaint’s and I complain a lot.✌️

I have the Fixit sticks and keep them in my pack as an Oh S#!t option, but always use a Wheeler FAT wrench when working on the bench.

I’ve never owned anything other than the Fat wrench. Worked for Everything I needed it for. I was surprised it wasn’t mentioned earlier.

I like the fixit stix for a range and travel option. Not the easiest to use, but it's a well thought out product. I'm glad to have it in the travel bag

Back