Hammer Rifle 300 Rum

This is the second rifle I've had built by the Hammer folks, and I'm very happy with both. It's kind of an under talked about part of their business. I left the spec sheet on the counter, (may be in mail, may wait until they're back. Started as a bit of a mental exercise while I was still in hospital, with discussions in old forum. It was also intended to be going to Australia, I didn't make the trip, but none of the planned rifles did so.........

@edeboer57 has done so much for me I decided to give it to him.

Roughly: Mesa Stock, Bartlein 1-8" left hand twist, 24" barrel, Defiance action, 3 position safety, integral rail., nitrided. Pain Killer brake. 2-12x Leupold,

Balances very well @ 8.5 lbs (8 was goal). It has a good feel.

Current load is the 163 HHT, @ 3535. ES was like 2 fps. It's been verified to 800 yards. Table says it will keep 1800 fps, at 1000 yards, at the usual 4500' elevation typical to antelope country. Not that it will be shot that far with game.

Its what my one rifle North America looks like today.IMG-1784.jpg

Last year when my Pa died, I spent that week with my youngest step brother Vernell. I had decided a few years past that I was going to gift him or will him have you my 375 Remington Ultra Mag So I decided after we had the 137 fat girl made that I would present him with this rifle for my thanks. A few years well about 25 years ago he helped me and Michelle out and then refused to take any money. (LOVE my Lil brother) This was how I figured I could repay him. Needless to say he freaked out, just like edeboer57 did.

mtmuley.

I replaced that 375 rum within a few months but my brother could never be replaced. I wanted him to enjoy that rifle while I was still alive to hear about it. How I looked at it is some people are just special.

Not preaching just saying.

I heard little Snippets about the rifle while it was being made but I had no idea that it was going to be a gift. My hat is off to you HARPERC, and as everybody else says love me some HARPERC 👍.

Joe

Hello all I am working up loads for my new 6.5 RPM. I am very happy with the 125 HHT. I plan to use this for deer and elk this fall. I do have 45 .264 129 gr Absolute Hunter, and 45 .264 137 gr Hammer Hunter bullets that “I purchased before I read the twist requirements” if anyone is interested. $25 each. Hope I didn’t violate any rules with this post.
You kind of did. 1) You jumped in on another thread. 2) No sales.

There is a bullet trade forum. I can get you a link if you can't find it.

Gday edeboer57
Welcome from down under
You have one very fine father in law
Which cannot be emphasised enough what he gives to others is truely amazing & it’s not only gifts like this it’s the knowledge he brings that’s so appreciated from us all

I know he would have got more out of seeing your expressions & he will be a part of that rifle & hunt for many years to come

I also look forward to your adventures with it
& please share with us as they come

Cheers

For those who don't know, that rifle got it's start when @HARPERC was in the hospital and things were not looking good. We dreamed up that rifle, including the stock colors, so he could use it on a trip to Ausie. I am still hoping he makes that trip with us. We came up with those stock colors to mimic the color of the Mt Uluru and the vegetation around it. Mesa Precision accommodated us on the color scheme and now it is actually one of the colors that they offer all the time now.

Back