Remington model 7 243

What distances are you looking at? Your heaviest options are the 88gr Sh, 80gr HH, or 75gr HHT. My favorite has been the 83gr SH. The 70hh seems pretty common around the forum for the 1:10 twist rifles. I've loaded the 83SH in 3 different 243wins. 2 savages crimped in the first valley behind the nose and one ruger crimped in the 2nd valley. All with outstanding results on whitetail and paper.

What distances are you looking at? Your heaviest options are the 88gr Sh, 80gr HH, or 75gr HHT. My favorite has been the 83gr SH. The 70hh seems pretty common around the forum for the 1:10 twist rifles. I've loaded the 83SH in 3 different 243wins. 2 savages crimped in the first valley behind the nose and one ruger crimped in the 2nd valley. All with outstanding results on whitetail and paper.
Inside of 200 yards. I received my 83 and 88 grain shock hammers today. Gonna work up some loads and see how they do

Interested to hear about your results. I think there is one or 2 on the load sheets with 4064, don't think there is any with h380 yet. Might do pretty good. Keep us updated and feel free to ask any questions. Lots of helpful people here. Do some reading in the reloading section. There are some pinned topics at the top. Lots of good info.

I've tried 380 in two different cartridges other than the 243 and the results were abysmal. I was surprised because it's a screamer in a 22-250. I've had good results with lighter pills using imr40 64.

Speed kills

Joe

I've tried 380 in two different cartridges other than the 243 and the results were abysmal. I was surprised because it's a screamer in a 22-250. I've had good results with lighter pills using imr40 64.

Speed kills

Joe
Yeah I plan to start out with the 4064 while I find some h4350. Also I'll be buying some of the 70 grain HH bullets to test out

I’d go with the 70hh in the 1:9t to help the terminal stability.

Also look for rl16 and rl15.5 over h4350. Or even ramshot Hunter.
IMG_4491.png

What’s you guys opinion on ramshot big game for this application? RL15.5 and ramshot hunter is mentioned and big game feels between these 2 powders. I loaded some of the 75gr hht’s with a ladder of it, but I haven’t had the chance to check the results.

In the old days before hammers I liked the 85 Sierra hollow point boat tail at 3350. We smoked a lot of deer in the grove with that load, a lot of bang flops. Just thinking out loud, never mind me.

Back