Summer trips with the goats

I’d be real careful posting pics of you out with your goats. They aren’t real common so folks notice and remember.

I had issues in the past. Posted summertime fun pics with goats, then discrete hunting pics with game. Folks that seen you on trails or at trail heads, and/or your summer pics quickly put 2 and 2 together and learn right where you hunt and that you’re successful.
A good way to invite company.

I’d be real careful posting pics of you out with your goats. They aren’t real common so folks notice and remember.

I had issues in the past. Posted summertime fun pics with goats, then discrete hunting pics with game. Folks that seen you on trails or at trail heads, and/or your summer pics quickly put 2 and 2 together and learn right where you hunt and that you’re successful.
A good way to invite company.

1 step ahead. I don't hunt this area or pretty much not this state.
It comes from many years of salmon steelhead fishing and posting pics. I never share pics with any clues to important locations. I don't even allow buds to take pics in certain locations we fished because they get passed around and next thing you know you have a pile of claim jumpers in your spot.

Same rule for guys who have unique trucks and large stickers at trailheads. Then post pics of their success on social.

Another reason I don't do social media. I don't feel the need to advertise my success other than with chosen people via text. 😁

Tell me more about your goats. Maybe some safe pics?

Kris

1 step ahead. I don't hunt this area or pretty much not this state.
It comes from many years of salmon steelhead fishing and posting pics. I never share pics with any clues to important locations. I don't even allow buds to take pics in certain locations we fished because they get passed around and next thing you know you have a pile of claim jumpers in your spot.

Same rule for guys who have unique trucks and large stickers at trailheads. Then post pics of their success on social.

Another reason I don't do social media. I don't feel the need to advertise my success other than with chosen people via text. 😁

Tell me more about your goats. Maybe some safe pics?

Kris
Those damned hammer stickers on the camper shell window are to blame. 😁

Just now seeing this. Thank you for sharing, Kris. I love learning about how others live, hunt, and recreate.
If pack goats are a thing in the southeast, I am completely oblivious.

They don't get away and run back to the truck or blow up and hurt themselves or us. If they do get scared they come to us.
Kris
It sounds like you have packed with horses or mules in the past.

Great photos and post, thanks for sharing.

Back