The Backfire Milk Jug Challenge. Quite the LRH Backfire!

He’s gonna shoot an Aero Solus rifle… 6.5 Creed.😉
A Creedmoor,

I bet he won't make absurd claims as to its mystical qualities and laser flat trajectory or the exceptional performance after 600m.

Anyways, He probably only has a Creedmoor for R&D purposes. Let's face he could probably show most of us up with a .308 on any given day.

This guy didn't get good drinking the Kool Aid or listening to some new guy at the lgs.

Eric’s presentation was well thought out with solid logic behind the decisions. I also liked some of the points that he made about matching the cartridge to the game/distances along with the rifle to the ground you will be hunting. The best part was (paraphrased) if you are taking shots on game at 600, you should be practicing out to 1k +.

Now I really want to see his other videos following this one.

Eric’s presentation was well thought out with solid logic behind the decisions. I also liked some of the points that he made about matching the cartridge to the game/distances along with the rifle to the ground you will be hunting. The best part was (paraphrased) if you are taking shots on game at 600, you should be practicing out to 1k +.

Now I really want to see his other videos following this one.
He’s a genuine guy I think.

I hope the new definition of LRH is being written as we speak with these challenges. Since making regular "good" hits to 600yds in even modest Western wind conditions is whipping the majority of shooters so far. Hopefully, this erases this internet false narrative people are just 1000yd to - 1 mile "shooting" game like it's a regular thing. (This notion has been Inflating people with false hope of what is realistically obtainable and adding huge margin for failure and increased risk of unclean kills on animals that don't deserve to suffer from horrible hits.)

I hope the new definition of LRH is being written as we speak with these challenges. Since making regular "good" hits to 600yds in even modest Western wind conditions is whipping the majority of shooters so far. Hopefully, this erases this internet false narrative people are just 1000yd to - 1 mile "shooting" game like it's a regular thing. (This notion has been Inflating people with false hope of what is realistically obtainable and adding huge margin for failure and increased risk of unclean kills on animals that don't deserve to suffer from horrible hits.)
Agreed BFD.

I'd like to see a clear definition for both 'hunting' and 'shooting'. Is there a distance where it ceases to be 'hunting' and becomes just 'shooting' an animal? Their site is, after all, named Long Range Hunting.....

I wonder if some of those LRH folks would consider a live satellite feed being used for a fire mission from 15 miles away by a 155mm HE round to be 'hunting'??

Last edited:
I thought it pretty interesting that EC came at it saying he doesn’t think he can do it clean. That says something about him, and about the challenge. By saying something about him, I mean that I’m impressed with his attitude. I know basically nothing of the guy, but does not seem arrogant at all. I got a kick that he called in the Needsmore. Shows that he can be a good sport

Agreed BFD.

I'd like to see a clear definition for both 'hunting' and 'shooting'. Is there a distance where it ceases to be 'hunting' and becomes just 'shooting' an animal? Their site it, after all, named Long Range Hunting.....

I wonder if some of those LRH folks would consider a live satellite feed being used for a fire mission from 15 miles away by a 155mm HE round to be 'hunting'??
Do we get to use a FO? LOL

Back