The Backfire Milk Jug Challenge. Quite the LRH Backfire!

Agree, though I do raise that up to sitting a fair bit myself;

sitnstixnpack.jpg
Me with poor ergos - ended up cutting 3/4" off this stock.

shooting-with-pack-header.jpg
Good ergos, and better photo, courtesy Exo MTN.

Goal of this is to demonstrate the difficulty in shooting field positions or hunting situations with various types of equipment that one could pack around in a western type hunt. Not sure on the team thing for this. Maybe team that switches from shooter to caller half way. We all want to shoot. Also with the team then you would have to shelter the teams from each other so the next team can't hear the wind and range calls. Or we just let the whole group discuss at the stake and rotate who is first up at each target. Or everyone stays quiet with their solution until everyone has shot. I think I am liking that, and everyone that is not shooting can spot the shots.

Goal of this is to demonstrate the difficulty in shooting field positions or hunting situations with various types of equipment that one could pack around in a western type hunt. Not sure on the team thing for this. Maybe team that switches from shooter to caller half way. We all want to shoot. Also with the team then you would have to shelter the teams from each other so the next team can't hear the wind and range calls. Or we just let the whole group discuss at the stake and rotate who is first up at each target. Or everyone stays quiet with their solution until everyone has shot. I think I am liking that, and everyone that is not shooting can spot the shots.
I like that plan, with a slight change…shooter/spotter alternate per position?

Since a spotter is for adjustments, two shots per stake for shooter? Two is realistically what one might get on a miss at game.

May as well chunk free hand in there at anything under 150 yards
Gday Jessej
I really like this & put the George shot up as a target 😇

Not joking on this as it seems to have turned into a educational experience/teaching tool
so I can’t emphasise enough on how I’ve seen this tailpipe shot needed in real life especially as critter size increases & then include caliber is on the smaller diameter the room for error shrinks ( generally as pill design has a huge influence here )
Include angles in this
Placement on this shot needs to be more precise than a broadside to get the bangflops yet executed correctly it’s a extremely potent technique

Just ticking here
man alive I wish you guys had wallaby overthere as no need for jugs then
With Those little suckers I’ve seen world class target shooters go to water as it’s funny how the mind games start playing with them on a target that’s alive & moves 🤔
Hmm set up a swing milk jug as if winds about it will move a Touch ID think & that may be interesting or a piece of string that releases it too swing
, we use to use a frying pan @ a 50/75& 100 as that thing was very hard to hit

Cheers

Gday Jessej

Not joking on this as it seems to have turned into a educational experience/teaching tool
so I can’t emphasise enough on how I’ve seen this tailpipe shot needed in real life especially as critter size increases & then include caliber is on the smaller diameter the room for error shrinks ( generally as pill design has a huge influence here )
Include angles in this
Placement on this shot needs to be more precise than a broadside to get the bangflops yet executed correctly it’s a extremely potent technique

Just ticking here
With Those little suckers I’ve seen world class target shooters go to water as it’s funny how the mind games start playing with them on a target that’s alive & moves 🤔
Hmm set up a swing milk jug as if winds about it will move a Touch ID think & that may be interesting or a piece of string that releases it too swing

Cheers
Then, to really quash this LRH BS, 1600yd shot on a plate that slowly alternates its pitch & yaw!

Gday Jessej

Include angles in this

Just ticking here

Cheers

We got these Pika things - pretty close to a rock wallaby 🤔

Back