What happened to deathblow’s

I believe they are a special order item. Don't the pedals break off bigger? That could be very destructive on the inside of something.

Steve will correct me if I’m wrong but I believe I remember him saying they can make almost any bullet Dead Blows. Need to be requested/ordered, slightly higher cost since more time in the lathe drilling a deeper hollow point.
He made me a few Absolute Dead blows for varmints, coyotes.
They only retain 40-50% but great for frangible crowd.
Now I need to go load some up for my next coyote coon & hunt!

Yes Gerald you are right, but will add a little.
Larger petals have a trade off, everything does. The petals being larger means smaller shank with less penetration.
If your not shooting for fur like coyotes saying they work fine.
But deer broadside only behind the crease they could. But this is where it can get dicey in a possibility if the deer turns or your shot becomes angle too much those petals and shank may not get to their needed place to become effective.
Not that they don't work, they do!
Here's a coyote pic.
85db 4250fps out of 26n. 200yrd shot. The petals made a 5" wound channel in depth of only 4.5"

Attachments

• IMG-20220320-WA0002.jpg
    IMG-20220320-WA0002.jpg
    246.6 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG-20220320-WA0003.jpg
    IMG-20220320-WA0003.jpg
    285.5 KB · Views: 5
Hmmmmmm…..so will a dead blow open up at subsonic speeds. Say a 18O-220 grain .308 bullet for 300 blackout. Not for hunting purposes per se…but for self defense out of a suppressed pistol length 300bo?? I don’t want deep penetration, but rather a hammer taking someone / something off their feet.

Doable???

Good question 🤔
Not sure, I'm sure if anyone has done any experiments on that.
Just pondering the possibility, a DB 181sh may work? Since we are talking short range and heavy pills🤔
Get yourself a sample pack and a 2.5mm drill bit. No 300bo here.
I don't play with subs.

Good question 🤔
Not sure, I'm sure if anyone has done any experiments on that.
Just pondering the possibility, a DB 181sh may work? Since we are talking short range and heavy pills🤔
Get yourself a sample pack and a 2.5mm drill bit. No 300bo here.
I don't play with subs.
I was thinking the same thing. 181 sh….may just work.

Subs…in my opinion and limited experience…are only good for home / self defense. Man they are fun to shoot though. I have been loading 212 grain hornady eldx (because that’s all they are good for) and I can’t imagine getting hit with one would be pleasant. Even if it doesn’t perform / expand….it would flat ruin your day.

Back