Are we done with the old Hammer Time Forum

Steve Davis

Administrator
Staff member
Is it time to shut down the old forum. Have we all got transferred over anything that is important enough to mess with?

The thread on Grendel options has been one that I refer back to. Lightweight 375 137 SH is another good one. My phone and tablet won’t let me copy the, over.

The thread on Grendel options has been one that I refer back to. Lightweight 375 137 SH is another good one. My phone and tablet won’t let me copy the, over.
Modoc,
Please give me the exact title of both, so I can find them.
G

George still has about 35 threads that he wants to bring over. I am hoping we can solicit some help for him to copy and past these. Any takers out there?

George still has about 35 threads that he wants to bring over. I am hoping we can solicit some help for him to copy and past these. Any takers out there?
Sorry for the “if” game.... it’s kinda late now but if instructions on how to find and move your own threads over had gone out with news of the move, it would not have fallen on George’s shoulders to do it all.

If after a period of time, the op had not moved their stuff, then someone could bring it over on their behalf (if it was deemed important).

I moved some of my threads over, left what I didn’t want but it ended up being moved here anyway. No big deal, I just know one particular thread ended up being extremely controversial so I stopped replying to it and left it to die with the old forum.

Also found that a new “meme” thread had been started so I just added the old one to it, again no big deal but I could see how doubles of the same thread could make it over if multiple people are moving random threads over without communicating which ones have and which ones still need moved.

A list of remaining threads could be posted and either broken down between volunteers (if there are any) or updated each time someone has moved one over.🤷🏼‍♂️

gl, I notice you are moving some things over one reply at a time. Much faster to copy paste the whole thread in one shot to a single reply. Maybe there’s a reason you are doing it that way, but for me it’s been faster and easier to move and follow the old thread if it’s posted in one shot.

My worthless $.02.

🍻
🥩🦌

Modoc,
Please give me the exact title of both, so I can find them.
G

I just finished scrolling through as well. Lots of nice discussions but technical data is what we prob need to focus on. Seems we got it already that is pertinent. Of course there will be something missed but hopefully someone can fill in what is needed.

Meatbuck,
When we first switched over to this new forum, there were Many glitches!
At first, you could only transfer one comment at a time, no avatar, few images. Yes this made it VERY tedious. The computer "geeks" have worked hard to correct the glitches (some kind of compatibility issue?).
Most charts,graphs, etc would not transfer correctly.
About all has been fixed, now, finally. Copying and posting now goes smoothly (now that we're done!)!
It would have been easier to copy whole posts - but it wouldn't work originally. Now it seems to if there is mainly text with few photos.

Back