Are we done with the old Hammer Time Forum

As long as the "Absolute Hammer" and "Hammer Hunter" lists are moved over, I'm good. Most important info to work from, IMHO. :cool:

I was trying to view some attachments on the new forum that were brought over from the old forum and it send me to the old forum to view the pictures. Then gives a message there that I cannot view them because I’m not logged in over there anymore. 🤷🏼‍♂️
Will all these attachments be lost when the old forum gets shutdown?

🍻
🥩🦌

Any items linked to the old forum will be lost. If someone posted something on the old forum, They have to re-post it to the new forum from the original source (their video, for ex). If it was a link to something like You Tube it will continue to work.
This was part of the compatibility issues we had early on. Several (many) of our tables would not transfer without additional work. Personal videos and maybe other images will have to be re-loaded by the owner.

Any items linked to the old forum will be lost. If someone posted something on the old forum, They have to re-post it to the new forum from the original source (their video, for ex). If it was a link to something like You Tube it will continue to work.
This was part of the compatibility issues we had early on. Several (many) of our tables would not transfer without additional work. Personal videos and maybe other images will have to be re-loaded by the owner.
That’s too bad gl.

You’ve moved a lot of stuff over that will likely be of no or little use without the op reposting the pictures in hopes that a reader knows where they go contextually.

What a mess...

Thanks for your efforts.

🍻
🥩🦌

Text and most single photos or images transferred fine. Some tables and videos are only ones affected. Some images transferred, but cannot be enlarged for easy reading.

Software change is major heartburn since in many cases the newer version may not be able to transfer files, images, spreadsheets, calculations etc due to incompatibility between previous software to a new one.

Perfect demonstration of this is my medical group just switched software and could NOT transfer previous medical history. Even medications were tough but they finally got them over. They told me to go into new software and populate it with my medical history. Took me a few minutes to stop laughing but told them they work for me not the other way around...nice try. Gave me some crap and then I told them I consider this a business request from them thus my consulting fee of $90/hour will be charged to their business office.

Never mind, we will figure it out.

Not really all that funny:cry:..... You just described my world. I'm like many/most of you? I don't like change and I am technology challenged in a big way! This has been a huge source of frustration to me. I just pray Steve doesn't need to change the Forum again. Once is enough for this old codger.

We're about to have to change our computer and software at my job. BOY am I looking forward to that (NOT)!!!

My doctor's office keeps trying to get me to set up my "patient portal" whatever that is. Not interested! I'd rather talk to a human being and see a face!

I'm done grumbling.

I do believe in Steve and Brian and what they're doing. Love their product and their method of testing/validating. When Farleg gets done with his testing, the results are going to blow your socks off - especially those of you who shoot intermediate sized cartridges (most Hammer customers). Can't wait for the final results to come in. Be patient just a bit longer(y)

Last edited:
Not really all that funny:cry:..... You just described my world. I'm like many/most of you? I don't like change and I am technology challenged in a big way! This has been a huge source of frustration to me. I just pray Steve doesn't need to change the Forum again. Once is enough for this old codger.

We're about to have to change our computer and software at my job. BOY am I looking forward to that (NOT)!!!

My doctor's office keeps trying to get me to set up my "patient portal" whatever that is. Not interested! I'd rather talk to a human being and see a face!

I'm done grumbling.

I do believe in Steve and Brian and what they're doing. Love their product and their method of testing/validating. When Farleg gets done with his testing, the results are going to blow your socks off - especially those of you who shoot intermediate sized cartridges (most Hammer customers). Can't wait for the final results to come in. Be patient just a bit longer(y)

My job changed IT providers. The general manager was asked how “strong” to make then security firewall. He said set it on max. Well we couldn’t do anything on the internet or on our internal network. The first security report suggested that the general manager and I might be terror suspects as we both had tried to get on various websites that sold “deadly weapons”. It also said that I might have a gambling problem because I tried to access the lottery website. Needless to say the GM had the security dialed back.

Back